Larksong Grotto Plastic bag, middle class, polyethylene
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
She spoke no words, but offered an ear to listen. He was reluctant to speak further as he did not wish to burden her with all of his dirty laundry, but his tightly wound emotions had begun to unfurl. Once again, he was falling apart. His composure wained until a defeated sob broke free from his tightly clasped lips. If he was truthful -- if Vuk knew the chaos Reek had created for himself -- would she think less of him? Would she even care? On the breath of a ragged and tired sigh (like a balloon losing the last bit of air), Reek finally spoke.

"I abandoned my family Vuk." His voice shook: his admittance of guilt, a hushed whisper. It had been the first time Reek had not tried to rationalize his actions. He had been unfaithful and as a consequence he had lost everything he had once held dear because a selfish whim. "My mate— my unborn children. All because I was too selfish."

"I couldn't protect them and they were wiped out." The floodgates opened and Reek's tears flowed freely. "I went the the maplewood and there's nothing left." Thuringwethil had made good on her promise to wipe his family away, he was sure. "I would give my life just to see them again," he mumbled, pulling his forelimbs into his chest so he could curl into a tight ball.
Messages In This Thread
Plastic bag, middle class, polyethylene - by Reek - May 15, 2016, 08:29 AM
RE: Plastic bag, middle class, polyethylene - by Reek - May 19, 2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Plastic bag, middle class, polyethylene - by Reek - June 02, 2016, 08:05 AM