Sunbeam Lair so they asked why
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The cuteness of your post... it... it killed me d e d

Being so near to him, her body pressed close to his, caused for her mind to practically go blank. While she had never been so close to another before—she'd never felt the need, really, for the mind had always overpowered emotions—she could not help but feel as if she were in a position reserved specially for her. That next to Noctura was where she was meant to be, for eternity and beyond, during their current lives and those that would surely follow suit. It was a sense she'd never experienced before, and while it had confused her greatly, she'd refused to question in. What she was feeling did not require answers, it was not some problem that was meant to be solved. What she was feeling was the workings of her heart, as naïve as such words might seem to be, and for that very reason she'd resisted the urge to treat it as anything else. The moment would not be ruined by her thoughts, for naught a single notion of rational standings was permitted entry into her mind. For in the world, beneath the stars, it was only they who currently existed.

To her the male had spoken, resting then with his muzzle lying across her crown. The words, so clear and soothing to her ears had they been, made her heart flutter. The tempo of her heartbeat had increased, and tracing down along her spine she'd felt a shiver creep. Though small had his sentence been, within her it had resonated, leaving the yearling at a loss for how she might respond. Any concoction of words that her brain had been able to formulate were tossed to the side just as quickly as they'd made themselves known, nothing seeming good enough for him. Always was he so kind, so gentle with her and noble in his was, that she felt his statement deserving only of the very best she had to offer. Yet, she'd approached the situation all wrong, calling to the reaches of her mind rather than those of her heart. Though connected they were, there were differences in the two that made one incapable of doing the other's job. Asterr had not realized this at first, but the moment she had, it was to that which hammered against her rib cage that she'd looked, requesting from it both an explanation and a response.

Never had the dragoness' former request been answered, but the latter was granted to her no more than a few moments later. It was to Noctura she'd then looked, tilting her muzzle upward so that she might steal a glance his way, and upon his refined features did she focus. "Never will I leave your side," she'd returned, feeling confident enough in that which bound them together to make such an audacious statement. "I do not understand this, for it is something that cannot be explained with words alone, but to you I am drawn. I wish that never might we ever be separated, for without you this world would be a dull place to live in. I do not want to gaze at the stars unless you are here with me, allowing me to sit just like this with you while above us shines the constellations." A world without him was one she was not fond of imagining, and often found doing so to be a rather difficult task. Without Noctura, Asterr knew not what she might do, and so beside him was where she'd wished to always stay.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
so they asked why - by Noctura - April 30, 2016, 07:55 AM
RE: so they asked why - by Asterr - May 13, 2016, 01:24 AM
RE: so they asked why - by Noctura - May 13, 2016, 06:05 AM
RE: so they asked why - by Asterr - May 15, 2016, 06:29 PM
RE: so they asked why - by Noctura - May 18, 2016, 09:30 AM
RE: so they asked why - by Asterr - May 22, 2016, 02:26 AM
RE: so they asked why - by Noctura - May 29, 2016, 08:05 AM
RE: so they asked why - by Asterr - June 11, 2016, 01:54 AM