The Sentinels my heartbeat could tell you it's urgent
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
He was not ready for the one who approached. His first thoughts turned to Eilidh, but there were differences in this woman and a lack of recognition that told him this was not her. Yet this one spoke of a similar beauty, and though he could have appraised her for a much longer time, Malachi averted his gaze. Graceful as she was, she remained a creature of value, and he refused to stare, knowing he would want the same done to him if he had been born with a grace as captivating as she.

His gaze fell instead to the dark wolf who drew up beside her, and his heart twisted. Starvation clung to Lasher's son like it did the rest of the Wilds, and Malachi felt the familiar stir of guilt burn the base of his ears. His heartbeat quickened - what had he done in leaving this family behind?

The woman spoke, but surprise could not tear the pain from his eyes when he turned to her. A child - was this one of Lasher's own? The thought she had survived brought little relief to the Kalderon, whose body already churned with shame. "I - "

It was all he could say before Lasher phased through the skeletal trees. Malachi's voice caught in his throat, and a cool dread crawled up his legs and spread through his body until all he could do was avert his eyes from the sunken leader and cave to the ground in shame and contrition. He had no defence to Lasher's accusation; his pack had given him mercy and a second chance, and he had repayed them with desertion. "I see that now." He did not deserve to receive their forgiveness, as he hadn't his father's nor Tuwawi's nor Scarlett's. "I spurned your kindness. I was a coward." He knew full well Lasher's wrath was justified, and he subjected himself to the Mayfair's ire. The words he wished to say over and over went unspoken - I'm sorry - and he dared not look upon any of the three, but kept his gaze settled on the dusty ground.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
my heartbeat could tell you it's urgent - by Malachi - June 02, 2016, 10:54 PM
RE: my heartbeat could tell you it's urgent - by Malachi - June 07, 2016, 12:51 PM