Broken Boulder The Bountiful Famine
The Laughing Disciple
4 Posts
Ooc — Derk
Lokk opened his eyes as he heard a gruff, male voice grating against his ears.
    "-nearby? Were you traveling together?"
    Lokk shook his head roughly as his vision began to clear. Why did he think he saw Isola? That was odd. She was supposed to be dead....wasn't she?
    "By thunder and lightning. I'm....I'm sorry my brother. I mistook you for something else. Between the vast amounts of food I've consumed, (he laughed sarcastically) and the great quality of this air, it really causes one to lose focus yes? I mean..."
    Lokk stopped abruptly. He was glancing over the gangly, dark wolf's shoulder. His jaw was caught midway between his sentence and he began to drool very suddenly and in large amounts.
    He only said one word that expressed what held his concentration in a vicelike grip.
    "Food."

He charged past the wolf in a lumbering gait towards the scurrying creature who was sniffing around a large boulder in some tall, yellow grass. It was a scrawny jack-rabbit.  The creature turned and panicked. It began to retreat backwards, obviously forgetting the boulder that was there. It then tried to veer to the right but Lokk was able to throw his shoulder that direction and roll his open jaws in the way of the rabbit's escape. That special move of throwing his shoulder is a special move that his family is known for. It's called the 'Lawborn Lay-down.'
    Lokk's jaws clamped tightly around the rabbit's neck and he killed it abruptly. It's little limbs twitched for long moments as Lokk turned the bleeding creature towards the dark wolf.
    Lokk trodded over, now infinitely better and more joyful, and plopped the corpse in front of his fellow wolf brother.
    "Tend the hungry, sick, and cold.
Eat to sustain, no more, no less,
No matter if you are young or old,
This is the way a wolf is blessed...
One good turn always deserves another my fellow wolf. Would you care to share this meal with me. As my ancestor stated I probably do not need to eat more than my fair share. Although,"
He said with a hopeful look in his eyes "if you do not want to have the rabbit I will understand as well."

Succesful hunt roll :)
Messages In This Thread
The Bountiful Famine - by Lokk - June 02, 2016, 11:11 PM
RE: The Bountiful Famine - by Orkan - June 02, 2016, 11:47 PM
RE: The Bountiful Famine - by Lokk - June 04, 2016, 12:15 AM
RE: The Bountiful Famine - by Orkan - June 04, 2016, 11:24 PM
RE: The Bountiful Famine - by Lokk - June 08, 2016, 11:57 PM
RE: The Bountiful Famine - by Orkan - June 14, 2016, 10:17 PM
RE: The Bountiful Famine - by Lokk - June 21, 2016, 09:22 PM