Herbalists' Cache so maybe i’m divine, maybe i’m celestial
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Private 
backdated a day before the heatstroke incident :)

her father was ill, and so deirdre asked much of the spirits of olde and new alike. for she had promised to perform a task for her newest and only friend outside of the seaside forest, and it was a promise she had kept. she knew her magick was at work, and she was certain the spell for her friends father was heard. the winds whipped wildly around her, howled their promise to aid her in this, with a conviction unlike the one whispered to her on the matter of her father. they would do what they could, she knew, but the spirits had little sway in these matters. their hand was in it, and they would hold lasher upward as well as they could--it was enough, it was all she could ask for, though she wished for more!, and she was thankful. she worked her magick on the returning earth as well; she felt her great power thrust into the soil in the circle she had cast, felt that it must be working. and as the days continued to move, she knew that it was. for now, she could see the speckles of green and this, too, was enough.

exhaustion wore at her, but a dream told her she had another journey to take. the sun rose, and she left donnelaith in a state of near-possession. when she came to, she was far from home. she could still smell the ocean, and knowing it was near was a comfort--but no thing was as comforting to her as the trees of donnelaith that told her their secrets, and the birds that would tell her of the world and share with her what they had seen in the distance [the devastation wrought by the locusts--that there were some places in the world untouched by these things, but such places were far, far away]. she was tired, so very tired, but she had been brought here for a reason.

the young girl looked like a girl no more. she was, even in her hungry state, devastatingly beautiful to look upon. exhausted though she was, she moved with a dignified poise that surely would not befit others of her age, and yet perhaps this was something she could do because she looked to be not at all a child but a woman grown. her hips were obvious in her state, but she was not as emaciated as others would appear to be, now--in donnelaith, she was well-fed due to the fact that she was, in fact, still a child. in the naked and barren place, deirdre was a beacon of light; well-groomed and maintained, the only flower in this garden. she wondered at why she was brought here, and looked to the distance to see a doe perusing the soil, and the trees. young as she was, she was in no state to hunt the creature. hardly a wolf would be, she imagined... and yet, she could only feel happiness for this sight, and breathed a sigh of relief. the sight of the beautiful fauna renewed her hope, as seeing the earth had. she looked around her and quietly whispered her thanks--for the spirits had lent their hand to her, had made this so with her!
Messages In This Thread
so maybe i’m divine, maybe i’m celestial - by Deirdre - June 13, 2016, 12:10 PM