Come on, get involved
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Round 2 will end in 4 days OR after everyone has posted, whichever comes first!

They assembled admirably well for a group of wolves she wasn't even certain knew one another well. Sitri arrived first, and this punctuality she had come to expect of him. The chocolate-furred demon never disappointed her in that regard. She stood and strode toward him, pausing to bump him companionably on the side of his snout with her nose in silent thanks for arriving so promptly. Perhaps she wasn't the Demon Queen he was accustomed to, but Jinx knew when to thank her subordinates.

Next was Tyrande, who arrived in the cave in style by literally skidding into the darkness. A wry smirk twisted the Alpha's lips as she said, “Quite an entrance,” but she managed to keep mockery out of her voice. There was nothing to mock about the toxicologist. She had proven her worth to the pack, so it was only amusement for the other's antics rather than judgement of any kind.

Next came Ira, which released a bit of tenseness in her breast. She hadn't seen a lot of the boy lately, and the last time he had come home smelling of Bones. Jinx hadn't said anything, since she hadn't found any traces of the wily pirate girl around the pack and it was Ira's right to visit others in the neutral lands, but she nevertheless had worried for him. With rising tensions between her pack and Fox's, it was no wonder the thought of him sneaking off with the Swiftcurrent youth stressed Jinx out.

She paid very little attention to Dagrún, since he was newer to the pack and was almost immediately followed by her mate, who was much more interesting to her. She accepted the shaman's affections, and though he retreated in his customary fashion, she yearned to have him stand beside her. Erika was the last to arrive with two hares in tow, but the Alpha female had no designs of taking them for herself. The Kesuk was happy to steal from outsiders, but rarely ever demanded kills from her own pack mates.

“Thank you for coming,” the Alpha greeted them after spending some time wandering amongst them to graze their shoulders with hers or bump them affectionately. “Not everyone made it but I appreciate that most of you did. I am sure you're wondering why I've called you all here, so I'll be brief.

Silvertip Mountain is built on the foundation of tradition. Too often have I seen packs come together as friends only to fall into bitter enmity when the winter snows come and the prey grows scarce. I do not intend for backstabbing from allies to be the end of this pack.”
She glanced around at them all. It was less of a lecture and more of a declaration of Silvertip's purpose, but no doubt some of the wolves had already crossed that line and would view it otherwise.

“We will make no alliances. We will try to make no enemies, but from my experience, many of the wolves in this area are easier to offend than to befriend, so I would not expect to be on fair terms, either.” In her mind, they only needed themselves. “I plan to stay away from them as much as possible, but I also know how to take advantage of them. Know that if you approach another pack in the area for malevolent or benign reasons, the consequences are yours alone to bear, but the decision is yours. I find it occasionally is... Fruitful.” She smiled. “If a wolf does your wrong on our borders the consequences are theirs to bear and every wolf in the area should be called upon. Strangers are not permitted beyond the borders, and I would prefer they not even get close. Too many of the strangers in this land don't know the meaning of "respect" for my liking.”

Here Jinx paused for a moment, opening the floor to her pack-mates for any questions, comments, or concerns she knew they would have with her philosophy.
Messages In This Thread
Come on, get involved - by Jinx - May 05, 2014, 08:20 PM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Sitri - May 05, 2014, 08:37 PM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Tyrande Nightshade - May 05, 2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Ira Nox - May 06, 2014, 06:46 AM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Dagrún - May 07, 2014, 06:57 AM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Lecter - May 09, 2014, 02:17 PM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Erika - May 09, 2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Jinx - May 09, 2014, 09:01 PM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Sitri - May 12, 2014, 05:47 PM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Tyrande Nightshade - May 13, 2014, 05:40 AM
RE: Come on, get involved - by Lecter - May 13, 2014, 05:36 PM