Silvertip Mountain A bad system can destroy good people
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Logically, Steady knew his brother as not coming back, but it didn't stop him from voicing his need of him. He was at a loss of what to do to pull the pack back together. Honestly, he was sure it was even what they wanted after what he did. Did they still want him as their leader? 

Pawsteps reached his ears, but he did not rise. Krypton's scent flooded his nose as she laid next to him, lending him her comfort. She heard his words, but his heart didn't believe her. Isn't it though? he asked of his fault. I'm the one who chose... No, I ordered the mutilation of her body by the pack... In front of her own children. They had ran, and he expected they went as far as their legs would take them. All the time he had spent with Odette, he thought she trusted him enough to give him the benefit of the doubt that he had her best interests at heart. But, she was still young, and he didn't think she understood just how dire things had gotten, even after seeing her brother starve to death. 

But, Steady knew better. These were drastic times, and he had taken a drastic measure to try and keep them all alive. Should he have let them die? Would others forgive him for that, but not for trying to keep them alive? Zaria would have been dead either way, and he knew for a fact she would have done the same as he did. Why, then, did he feel so horrible?
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 19, 2016, 08:11 AM
RE: A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 19, 2016, 09:00 AM
RE: A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 19, 2016, 06:46 PM
RE: A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 19, 2016, 09:08 PM
RE: A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 21, 2016, 06:08 PM