Silvertip Mountain A bad system can destroy good people
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He listened quietly as she spoke, taking in her words. She understood exactly why he had done what he did, and he didn't even have to explain it to her. She seemed to sympathize with what he was going through, and more than that, she didn't hate him for doing what he had do. He could only hope the pups, if they didn't come back, found someplace safe to grow up and came to understand the reason for his actions. Maybe they would hate him a little less.

He knew for a fact Zaria would agree with him, as she had tried to get Odette and Stoic to eat Solemn after he passed. He had told the then-Alpha that it wasn't a lesson they should learn that day, but now he second-guessed himself. If they had learned that lesson then, maybe they wouldn't be gone now.

He pushed the thoughts aside, knowing he was digging himself deeper into a pit he would never get himself out of if he didn't do something soon. He looked to Krypton, studying her for a moment. He really couldn't respond to what she had said without getting emotional, but listening to her did make him realize something else. You've been here for longer than I can remember, he said softly. You've never wavered in your loyalty to Fitz, Zaria, or me, he added. He shifted, facing her directly. I'm not so prideful that I can't admit when I need help... And I need help. Will you be my Beta, Krypton? If she said no, if she had no desires to be a leader, he would understand and do this the best he could with no Beta, since there was no one else he would ask. But, he knew he could do it better with her.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 19, 2016, 08:11 AM
RE: A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 19, 2016, 09:00 AM
RE: A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 19, 2016, 06:46 PM
RE: A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 19, 2016, 09:08 PM
RE: A bad system can destroy good people - by Steady - June 21, 2016, 06:08 PM