Hushed Willows If I ever get out of here, everything will be different.
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
The mention of her partner in Alphaship made her pause, because quite honestly, she had forgotten all about her. Things had begun to slip from her mind lately, but Octavia assumed it was because of all the pressure being placed upon her by everything. Thus, the vacation. She nodded as she accepted his next flow of words, but looked off to the side, at the tree branches that hung all around, drifting.

Right, right, all good choices. Harlyn would be busy managing the group while we're gone - but she was cut off mid-thought as he mentioned his sisters. Plural. How many family members did this guy have? Was he the only guy, surrounded by a gaggle of (oddly masculine) women? Tavi smiled as she thought of the quiet protector, Captain, and listened as Stark spoke of this other sibling, Banner. Odd names sure did run in his family.

Then, as he got more pointed and thoughtful, she looked at him. Really looked. An expression that resembled amusement tinged with concern (if only slight) passed across her features. You sound nervous. That isn't like you. Which was true. She hadn't known Stark to be so coy. Are you afraid of how she'll react to me, or the other way around?

Before he could answer that, Tavi drew in a deep breath, and smiled again. I'm sure Captain would be around to keep everyone safe. If you'd be more comfortable having Banner here too, I'd be down to meet her, and we'll see. If you trust her, then I trust her. At this point Tavi would say anything to get the conversation over and done with. She wanted her vacation. Maybe they'd head to the beach and she could relax by the sea, with Stark waving a palm frond at her through the day, and then their nights could be filled with all kinds of mischief together.