Sequoia Coast your heart is like the ocean, mysterious and dark
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The pearl inquired about his culture and the way that children were chosen for their tasks. "We are made for specific tasks. At a young age, those in the Cairn family are given their roles in our society. We are assigned our spirit creatures and they bless us with their power. But first you must survive the drop ," he said to her. The drop was made when they were old enough to walk. The children were taken to the cliffs and dropped into the sea. If they swam and made their way to the shore, they were believed to be worthy. If they did not, then they became part of the ocean forever. Skellige's children would endure the same ritual. As would all children in his pack. 

"You remind me of my sister," he said bitterly. Because he cared for this girl and he did not want to find himself drawn to memories of her, but her question of potential warranted the response. "She was born and raised to lead our home pack. She was destined to rule. I see that potential in you." His broad shoulders shrugged after the remark. She could take it for what it was. If she should inquire about his sister, he would be transparent about his murder attempt and their current relationship. He did not like Ksenia; he knew that he would shed her blood and wear her pelt as his crown. It was decided by the spirit inside of him and so it would be. 

Once she asked about the options for healing, the brute drew his ears forward and frowned. "I had a designated healer and I can recall some of what she did. My younger brother Szymon is a capable healer though he was forced into the role of a Titan. He could teach you though... more than you may know," Skellige offered. He wanted his plans to work. He wanted to grow their packs into something incredible. With her help, they could forge an empire. She just needed to be certain of their alliance and that she could step into a role of leadership. Without that, they would not thrive. 

A sudden sadness overcame her at the mention of her father and he gritted his teeth together, unsure of how to show sympathy. "We do not have to discuss such things if it bothers you," he finally spoke and moved his muzzle down to plant his tongue against her cheek in a soft gesture. The loss of a parent had never occurred in his life, but he did not believe it would rattle him the way it did her. She was still young, though. She would see more travesty in her time on earth. 
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
Messages In This Thread
RE: your heart is like the ocean, mysterious and dark - by Skellige - June 22, 2016, 08:58 PM