Sequoia Coast your heart is like the ocean, mysterious and dark
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
[Image: XL89s0X.png][Image: T3DExrX.png][table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
she was interested to hear of his culture, and listened raptly. it was utterly different from home and how she was raised. though she was taught what could be learned of the craft from a man who was no witch himself, she was forced into no role. she was given choice, and she felt this important, felt it necessary. though a part of her felt as though things were meant, she could force none of that if others were unwilling. donnelaith was her heart; she would not wish to displease any of them, if they would not have her...

and yet, there was a fierce part of her that wished to have it! 

still, she was unlearned. she had potential, but had she the true skill? deirdre listened as he spoke on his sister, surprised by the tone in which he spoke. he did not seemed pleased nor proud... she knew not how to define the voice in which he spoke in, having never heard it before. perhaps we are born for things, she spoke, quite keen on the idea, but my parents raised me to be who i am today. my father raised me to make my own decisions, to forge my own path, to be the best that i can for myself and for others... my mother raised me to be independent, to aid others, to always be kind. she took a breath, and looked to him. i would choose this alliance, still she did not know he meant to make her his child bride; she did not know the depth of his feelings, nor the depth of his intent, but i would have you teach me what you could--and i would see if donnelaith could one day see me as they saw my father, my mother, and in turn be taught by them. for they were both leaders before her. but the beauty was very young, and had much to learn! 

at the mention of his brother, deirdre's eyes widened. your brother, he is here? all the while noting that his tone, when speaking of the boy, was not what it had been when he spoke of his sister. i would love to learn! deirdre had a thirst for learning and the acquiring of knowledge, and though the world had darkened significantly since the loss of her father, she detected light here, felt hope. as he spoke of not needing to discuss these things, as he drew forth to press his tongue against her cheek, she leaned into him fondly. to the cub, this was all innocent. he had saved her, and her psyche was drawn to him and implicitly trusting of him. 

it is very soon, to talk of these things. it... it was more painful a wound than the one gluskap had inflicted upon her. i do not know that any would support me. what if it is my sisters wish? my brothers dream? not  to mention the wolves at the helm. what if her friend osprey was not warm to the idea? what if her dear aria did not wish to see her become queen when she was of age? the future frightened her as much as it excited her, then. i want to be ready... she whispered, lowering her head to her forelegs as she shifted her body to a more comfortable position whilst still ensuring their furs mingled. her inability to finish the statement simply begged him for time to mourn, time to adjust. she peered to him beneath her thick lashes, sighing.

[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
RE: your heart is like the ocean, mysterious and dark - by Deirdre - June 22, 2016, 10:45 PM