Blacktail Deer Plateau Bye, baby Bunting, daddy's gone a-hunting
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Lol that's awesome! I think it's from a nursery rhyme. >_> This is super disjointed but I'm gonna work on closing as many of my threads as possible and then making a bunch of new ones!

A flurry of action landed Saēna flat on her rear while Osprey Jr. became well-acquainted with the floor. An older Saēna might not have expected to land a hit, but this younger Saēna pranced about proudly on her tippy-toes, callously celebrating her achievement and dismissing her cousin's misfortune altogether. Consequence was too new and abstract a concept for the young puppy to grasp. In her little world, whatever had happened to her cousin wasn't her fault!

Oblivious though she was to Osprey's pain, she wasn't oblivious to the tang of blood that suddenly filled the air. In a similar fashion, the girl began expressing signs of hunger, from the quiet smacking of her lips to her cyclical pacing in place. She wasn't yet conscious of the source of the smell, only that it was familiar and usually came before a full tummy. The pup's own half-attempted growls reverberated from her chest as Saēna suddenly grew rowdy in her search for food.

The adults had been keeping a close eye on the girls and, seeing Saēna so riled by the scent, decided to temporarily separate them. All three of them knew that fighting spurred by the scent of blood was unlikely, but all three of them also knew better than to take the chance of one of the pups mistaking the scent for something edible. Saēna was whisked into the strong embrace of her biological father, who distracted her from Junior's blood scent and engaged her in a short play session and a brief feeding of non-wolf meat, which smelled the same as Junior's blood to her. He even managed to lull her to sleep, eventually.
Messages In This Thread
Bye, baby Bunting, daddy's gone a-hunting - by Saēna - April 14, 2014, 12:15 AM
RE: Bye, baby Bunting, daddy's gone a-hunting - by Saēna - May 12, 2014, 12:06 AM