Silverlight Terrace And the wolf whispers back, 'I am the storm.'
32 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Zaavier I'm not sure how far south you guys are going but I thought I'd move them a bit north if you want to meet them here

It was midday when the tiny family had stopped, Akazia grabbing Jaida by the scruff gently to stop her from bounding off as she chased a butterfly. The mother rolled her eyes at the child's antics, rubbing against her daughter affectionately. The land around them had seem to recover fully from whatever disaster had taken place, the foliage and animals returning in full. Hunting was easier and Akazia took advantage of that opportunity, gaining back whatever weight she had lost. Jaida too had recovered, pleasing the young mother greatly.

Catching the nearby scent of raccoon, she tapped Jay's foreleg to warn her to be quiet. Crouching down into a hunter's position, she moved silently through the undegrowth and towards the weasel relative. Jaida followed after, serious for once and mimicking her mother's stance. The two came across the creature as it washed a dead fish in the water, a strange habit that most raccoons seemed to have. 

Creeping up silently, Akazia leapt from the brush and snatched the creature up by its leg with a snap. Stepping back and dropping the raccoon, 'Kazia allowed Jaida to rush forward and snap the mammal's neck. Most wolf packs wouldn't allow a yearling, especially one as puppy-like as Jaida, make the kill on any creature. Jay had a rare opportunity to learn that most young ones of her stature wouldn't have gotten in a crowded pack and was showing aptitude for becoming a fine hunter one day.

The mother licked her child's head in pride, the two digging into their lunch with wagging tails.
You can break my soul, beat me, hurt me, kill me. But for the love of God, don't touch her.
Messages In This Thread
And the wolf whispers back, 'I am the storm.' - by Akazia - June 30, 2016, 12:42 AM