Silver Creek life and livelihood
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring looked down ather paws regretfully as Shreya spoke.  Her tail gave one wag when Shreya obsevered that looing out for others had always been in her blood.  "Thank you Shreya."  Spring responded to her friend genuinely.  She hadnt really thought of this till now.  Was helping others really ingraved into her blood?  Her DNA?

Spring stayed quiet for a little longer before once again resuming her story.  "As we grew Illea left when she was about a year to go off on her own path, while I stayed in Starlit Hills as the last remaining offspring of Pine Lake and Shima in Starlit Hills.  I was soon promoted to Beta when I was nearing two years, that's when I met someone... his name was Zander."  Spring had never told anyone this part of her story, but she felt that now was the time.  "Me and Zander bonded... rather quickly.  Soon I was..."  Spring trailed off here.  She had lied to herself so many times about this, so many times to where she had actually began to believe it.  She had told herslef that this did not happen, but it had.  It really had and it was terrible, oh so terrible.  "Soon I was pregnant."  Spring finished quietly, guilt rippling acrossed her face.  "As soon as Zander heard..."  now anger knitted into Spring expression, anger for that wolf that had caused her such troubling times.  "As soon as Zander heard he left me... I never saw him again."  A couple shaky sobs fell from Spring but she didn't notice.  She should have been smarter... she should have been smarter.

Spring wanted to stop here, she wanted to throw herself off a cliff and never wake up, but she had to continue, she just had to.  "The p-pups were born..."  She stuttered, with another sob.  "Two were stillborns, but I still gave them names Jaycee and Marlin.  Still one was living a breathing, living baby girl I named Hazel."  Another sob excaped Spring.  "About two months later I was out hunting for Hazel, my sweet sweet baby and someone else too..."  Spring trailed off here, ehaving another sob.  "One of the members of the pack was starting to act strangly after being bitten by a raccoon.  I never caught any prey that day."  Spring had begun to whisper now and was now sobbing as she spoke.  "I suddenly could tell that something was really wrong, because I heard this noise, like a scream but so much worse.  I ran back to the pack and they were all fighting eachother.  It was madness.  Like a civil war.  In the midst though I saw H-Hazel... my sweet baby... d-dead."  Spring stopped here and began to sob her heart out.  She knew that she should have noticed, but she hadn't and so many were dead, because of her so Spring thought.  "Wolves began to die day by day, while I scavenged for a cure.  I was l-lucky... I was never harmed... I was the sole survivor their.  My M-Mother was the last one to die, she was about to k-kill me but then she fell at the last moment and died just like that."  Her sobbing intensified.  "I left that day.  I l-left Starlit Hills behind forever."  She told Shreya and then began to sob, taking another intermission for herself.
Messages In This Thread
life and livelihood - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 10:11 AM
RE: life and livelihood - by Spring - July 02, 2016, 10:35 AM
RE: life and livelihood - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 10:38 AM
RE: life and livelihood - by Spring - July 02, 2016, 11:05 AM
RE: life and livelihood - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 11:12 AM
RE: life and livelihood - by Spring - July 02, 2016, 11:45 AM
RE: life and livelihood - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 11:55 AM
RE: life and livelihood - by Spring - July 02, 2016, 12:24 PM
RE: life and livelihood - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 12:31 PM
RE: life and livelihood - by Spring - July 02, 2016, 01:13 PM
RE: life and livelihood - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 01:27 PM