Stavanger Bay i knew something would always rule me
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The great Leviathan was not opposed to war; certainly not for a creature that he had forged an alliance with. Should Arturo wish it, the inky brute would unleash the gates of hell on the wolves who had taken the isle from him, but he found himself more surprised by the answer that was given. The halfling had family, and they had opted not to follow him in his endeavors. Frowning at this, Skellige continued to listen to the man speak of his children and how they had come into the wilds and opted to forge their own path. It was a noble thing for the Fearghal male to simply allow them to wander about. Though it did remind Skellige of his own family and how they had been slowly coming out and making themselves known. He was certain that not all of them would wish to join him in the Depths, but would seek other options for themselves.

“Then we will not speak of it again, unless you wish it,” the leviathan said with a firm nod of his head, and as though his words had cast aside the premise of war, he allowed Arturo to enter into the bay as one of his own. It was not a time to feel shameful; the coywolf was a proud creature, and Skellige would not make him feel as though he had lost anything by joining into his ranks.

On the matter of their roles in the pack, the brute turned so that his dark gaze settled on the halfling with a peculiar intensity. "My culture is rich and we are unwavering in our ways,” he explained in a quiet rumbling baritone. “Each member is assigned a role upon entering the ranks, even whelps will be given their roles upon birth. The Witch Doctors commune with the mystics and bring great blessings to our land. They are vital to our success and should be respected. They are shamans in times of war and can offer us great power,” he spoke in a level voice, but there was a strange reverence when it came to the witches of the sea. Though he had not always understood how they obtained their information, Skellige had seen their magic for himself. “Reefers are the watchful eyes; they will make their homes near the borders of the pack and keep themselves alert to anyone who may approach. Joiners must be met by a Reefer before they will see me,” he went on to explain, and though much of the information was not fully given, Skellige did not want to overwhelm the man.

“Anglers are our most proficient hunters. They will keep our caches stocked and will teach the children how to thrive on the ocean if it is their only resource.” The hunters were vital to the life of the pack and would provide them with plenty of food if they did well at their assigned task. “The Dredge and Breakers of the pack are our most adept warriors. The Dredge are youthful, war forged, thirsty for battle. They are the savages of our kind. The Breakers are tacticians and oftentimes diplomats; they will know the truth in battle and will seek to teach the new Dredge the art of war.” Skellige had been born and bred with the intention of becoming the Dredge King. His entire purpose was to kill and leave nothing in his wake. He had truly disappointed his mother by going against her wishes.

“Finally, we have the Nautilus. They are our scholars and intelligent minds. They will tend to the newborns and teach them stories of the sea and of the old ways. They are tasked with finding appropriate mentors for pups when they come of age to begin learning their roles,” he concluded. Glancing at the coywolf with a questioning expression, the titan frowned thoughtfully. “Where are your strengths, Arturo? So that I may assign you,” he inquired of the man beside him. There was no doubt that the Fearghal would do well in the ranks of the Blackrock wolves. He need only discover his true purpose.
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
Messages In This Thread
i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - June 29, 2016, 02:51 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - June 30, 2016, 03:02 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 05:37 AM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Skellige - July 02, 2016, 02:53 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 03, 2016, 07:40 AM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 06, 2016, 03:33 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 09, 2016, 04:54 AM