King Elk Forest blood in the sunlight
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
She'd been bitten, she corrected him. He could have sworn she'd said hit but sure enough as he pushed his face unceremoniously down to her leg to inspect her paw closer he did see the abrasion made by teeth that he had not previously noted before. “Did this lone wolf give any indication as to why it bit you? It wasn't rabid wasn't it?” Because Riptide valued self preservation far too much to agree to aid a wolf that would catch rabies. He didn't particularly catching anything that would cut his life short. Death would be a mercy for her, then, rather than go mad by the disease. A low giggle escaped the aspiring witch doctor's lips then as he fixated her in his gaze once more. “You are appealing but not in a way that would inspire me to want to eat you.” A coy play on the expression “so cute I could eat you up” (certainly not one Riptide had ever understood).

Riptide's salmon pink tongue swiped across his chops once as he made a slow circle, his eyes rapidly looking to see if he could spot any marigold. The flower's petals chewed up and placed on a wound had a good reputation for slaving off infection. “marigold chewed and placed on that bite will serve to both keep it covered and fight off any infection.” Riptide told her as he completed his circle, though he still had to collect some poppy, yet. “I'll only be a few minutes,” He padded over to his piece of bark. “I'd tell you not to venture far but well that's unnecessary.” He offered her what he thought was a charming grin and a wicked glint before he scooped up his makeshift satchel and loped off in the direction of the opium poppies.

Riptide collected them as quickly as he could, careful not to ingest any of the seeds himself. Riptide didn't see any marigolds but as luck would have it there were plenty of oak leaves to spare and he gathered a mouthful and added them to the opium poppies before he made his back to where he'd left his patient waiting. He set the bark down near the root and her trapped paw and pulled the oak leaves and opium poppies out, separating out a small dosage for her. He nosed the opium poppies towards her so she could eat them, and collected what was left for his personal stores back in Stavanger Bay. “Chew them well before you swallow them. They will work quicker,” He advised her. “I saw no marigolds but I found oak leaves which also work so once your paw is free I will chew some into a poultice and put it on that bite for you.”

“You're going to have to pull your paw back out the way it went in. Try twisting and wiggling it to see if you can make it easier to free. You might be able to loosen up the root some enough to reduce the amount of pain it'll cause you to free it.” He paused a moment, considering offering to consult the spirits for her but shook off the idea. He hardly needed their help for this and they had finally just shut up and left him alone while he worked.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
blood in the sunlight - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 09:11 AM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 01:04 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 01:13 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 01:49 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 01:57 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 02:59 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 04:31 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 05:37 PM