in my dreams we are always together
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I've been contemplating with the idea of using an "old english" for Ragnar because we have a lot of words now that they didn't have back then and that it feels more natural that if there is no ancient norse translation for it, it doesn't exist as a word to him (since "common tongue") is only a second language for him. :p

The “God Scars” were just a wolf version of a tattoo though the method was a lot more rudimentary than how their human counterparts would have done it. Ragnar could feel Thistle’s eyes upon the lines of scars on his face, and he wondered if she, too, could see the disjointed raven in it that Floki had sworn feverishly was able to be depicted. Ragnar didn’t really know because there was nothing for him to get a clear reflection of himself in - water moved too much and he had yet to stumble across any with true mirror properties. “You could get one too,” He purled to her with a mischievous little smirk tugging at the edges of his lips as he contemplated the idea and where he would put it. Her face was too pretty to scar up with a mark, even if it was in honor of a God or Goddess. He eyed her body then, though this time it was not with carnal desire but with contemplation. “I think one right here,” He touched his nose to her right, back hip, letting his breath tickle the shortened fur there. “Would look very good.” It was Ragnar’s way of saying that, essentially, it would look ‘sexy’ there except he had no word for it in his native tongue and therefore didn’t even know of it’s existence as a word in the common tongue.

“You should not keep your mother awake,” The Viking chided the little ones in her womb in a half hearted tone, portraying that he wasn’t really chiding them (because he was fairly certain they couldn’t hear him anyway). “She needs her beauty rest,” Ragnar glimpsed up as his fawn colored wife then with a crooked grin on his face. “Not that she isn’t the most beautiful woman on the earth anyway, as you will come to see when you are born and your eyes open, but still. Women like their beauty rest.” He drew his tongue across her swollen side once, smoothing the fur there out of nothing more than an impulse. “Behave little ones.” Ragnar murmured sternly into her womb, before he fell silent contented with just feeling them move, trying to hide the fact that with each movement his sons made within her made his heart jump with excitement.

Messages In This Thread
in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 11, 2014, 09:16 AM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 11, 2014, 11:14 AM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 11, 2014, 01:30 PM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 11, 2014, 02:54 PM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 11, 2014, 06:39 PM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 12, 2014, 06:42 AM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 13, 2014, 06:48 AM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 13, 2014, 11:36 AM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 14, 2014, 06:41 AM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 14, 2014, 06:41 PM
RE: in my dreams we are always together - by Ragnar - May 15, 2014, 02:34 PM