Stavanger Bay i knew something would always rule me
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
i typed witcher instead of witch and had to fix it, jfc, lmao.
A nod of appreciation was given to Skellige as he confirmed that they did not need to speak of it again. It was a recently dug grave that while hardly forgotten about, the gangster wished to keep buried for now. Hubris was vicious and degrading when it did not get it's way but for now this was what it was and Arturo had little to stand on. He would not ask Skellige to go to war when he didn't even have what he needed to build a pack. That would be a foolish thing to ask and Arturo was not the type of man to ask his allies to endanger themselves for nothing. Someday, the gangster would have his revenge; but not now.

The idea of witch doctors — which was what Skellige started speaking off with — was an odd concept for the gangster to wrap his mind around. As he was not truly a religious beast by any sort of means the idea of “shamans” and sea witches would have been enough to cause the cynic to scoff ...if he would not have respect Skellige as he did. However, as it came to be, he did respect Skellige a great deal and kept his cynicism to himself. It was fascinating, in a way, he supposed, though only in the same way that a bed time story of Irish legends was fascinating to him. It wasn't something he put much stock behind but he offered a nod all the same, to show that he was paying attention. Whether the gangster believed in such things as sea witches or not no longer mattered much, he supposed. It was apart of Skellige's pack and as a new recruit it involved him in some manner or another.

Arturo was contemplative as they walked, lending his rapt attention to the sea titan as he gave Arturo the slew of information. It was a lot to take in, though there was some relief in the gangster's chest that for the most part the roles were not that dissimilar than what he was already accustomed to. They simply held different names. “Are these roles set, or can they change?” Arturo couldn't help but pose the question to sate his own curiosity. “I've got extensive diplomatic background,” As Arturo was not the fighter. He'd always had wolves to handle that, though this was not to say that he did not get his teeth bloodied on occasion. It was always wise to make an example, to remind those who was boss. He was not a mindless soldier. He depended too much upon his intellect and gift for words to call himself such.

“but I've also raised four children. I've got experience with the young, though I don't know much about your customs so perhaps that skill is neither here nor there.” And generally he very much enjoyed being a father, though there was a big difference between father and mentor. “Which brings me to another question: what is your stance on family? Who may all breed?” Because while one part of Arturo's ambitions had been put on hold he saw no reason why they all had to be surrendered.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - June 29, 2016, 02:51 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - June 30, 2016, 03:02 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 05:37 AM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 03, 2016, 07:40 AM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 06, 2016, 03:33 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 09, 2016, 04:54 AM