Stavanger Bay come wayward souls who wander through the darkness
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
[Image: XL89s0X.png][Image: T3DExrX.png][table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
his response caused the girl to grow still and look at him with wonder. she was contemplative, wondering what he meant by this. he was admitting to something, but it was done in a subtle manner that was neither passive nor aggressive. understand, she willed herself as she looked to him. he needs you to understand. he spoke of feelings, and then he spoke of himself.

he was a cocktail of many emotions. she sensed worry, frustration, perhaps even some measure of fear. unbidden, aria came to her mind, and her great sadness was remembered. why would this make them afraid? she breathed, lifting her head a measure and watching him. what do you mean to say? i need to hear it, there was a strange thrill that raced through her, as she looked to the tsunami of a man before her. not a protector, but she would not assume things of him. would not think in her wildest dreams he bore her affection in the manner aria spoke of.

and what of she herself? she knew very little of love, truly. but aria had taught her the art of differentiating. she understood her feelings for skellige were far different than the feelings she carried for her family. and yet, the love growing for him was no less of an influence upon her. a child could know love, but she knew, too, she bore this affectionate love for lucani, perhaps even aria herself. these strange feelings in the pit of her, these adorations, were untamed and dreamt of. but that any might look to her and think these things of her! this was the thrill! could this be what he meant?

in a quite small voice, deirdre asked him, do you dream of me? the contents of her dreams were childish, but sweet. they romped in the flowers as children would, and he would chase her; there were never any monsters with him near, never, because the monsters feared him and quailed at her power. tag, and races, and all matters of things skellige himself might never truly do--but she dreamt of him, and it caused her cheeks to warm.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
Messages In This Thread
RE: come wayward souls who wander through the darkness - by Deirdre - July 05, 2016, 01:34 PM