Stavanger Bay i knew something would always rule me
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Skellige replied in a gruff tone that the gangster found to be mildly offensive — as if Arturo was a child who should have known better — that the roles were set for life unless mystics claimed otherwise. To Arturo, this was a very strange concept. “Roles” were important in Quicksilver Hollow, even more so under his rule and the implementation of them into his gang but they had never been “set for life”. There had been room to grow, to change, to advance. Interests in life changed and for those that were more ambitious in their lives then other Arturo had never sought to control that. His expression was hard and for a long moment he was silent as he studied Skillege, realizing just how different their cultures were and just how much of a struggle implementing himself to the sea titan's would be. He could do it, sure. He would do it because he needed it, no matter how it wounded his pride to admit himself let alone anyone else; but that didn't mean it would be easy.

“Very well,” The gangster drew in simple acceptance. There was nothing else to do other than accept it. “Then nautilus it is, I have no reason not to trust your judgment.” Because he thought it a bit silly to ask a being that he could not see for something. He wasn't a religious beast by any mean of the word and he took spirits and gods to be things of a child's fairy-tale. He didn't speak this aloud, of course — and never would. There was a small catch in the father's breath when Skellige spoke of their bizarre ritual. To toss one's children off a cliff and hope for the best...it was the worst thing he'd ever heard. If he could have paled, he would have. As it was, he felt the blood drain from his face.

Perhaps Skellige had meant the knowledge that even his children would be subjected to The Drop to be comforting but to a man whose whole world revolved around his children and his desire to see more into the world this was a hard thing to accept. He didn't have to have children but the problem was that he wanted them...or else he would not have inquired at all. “Well, there's no rush,” As it was he had no mate, nor even a female he was considering. He hadn't even truly taken the mother of his children as his mate. Arturo was known for his wandering eye, after all. “Thank you for being honest in your answers to my questions.” This would definitely take some serious getting used to, of that Arturo had no doubt.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - June 29, 2016, 02:51 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - June 30, 2016, 03:02 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 05:37 AM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 03, 2016, 07:40 AM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 06, 2016, 03:33 PM
RE: i knew something would always rule me - by Arturo - July 09, 2016, 04:54 AM