Stavanger Bay and i was someone else; i was something good
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
The creature - a mute, like her Shadow - approached with the same desperate friendliness as his female likeness, and in him, Doe saw her own image as if from miles away. She was always cowering, it seemed, but not here. Before this creature, she stood strong and unyeilding, a delicate balance between righteous anger and wrath.

I should kill him for tresspassing, whispered a voice rather more poisonous than she was used to. The idea was quickly discounted - Doctors help people.

But the male was prostrating before her, as strange and beautiful as the sister Doe could smell in his fur. The rangey female felt a sudden, violent need to possess this creature, to have the same power over him that so many had over her. How many times had she willingly given the power that this creature now offered her? I am strong enough to fight them. I am strong enough to lead. And she was strong enough to dominate this cat-wolf before her; he had already given himself away and could not possibly overpower her. Perish the thought! Doe stood before him, strong as Riverbone had been to her -

Riverbone would have made him welcome.

Memories of his kindness flooded her, like a wave of ocean water over her head. Riverbone would have been kind to him. And Skellige - though I have pledged myself to him, he has honored me.

"Get up," she said to the cat-wolf, bumping her nose against his. "There is a black female like you - she must be your sister. Is she well?" she asked hopefully, her cruel ambitions slowly fading. The shewolf was left with a feeling of loss, and a pit of sadness welled up within her as she thought of all that she wanted, all that she would never have, and what she might still become. I must be very careful with myself. I must be as kind as I am able, and humble myself before those that invoke these feelings in me.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and i was someone else; i was something good - by Doe - July 09, 2016, 02:19 AM