if i had a voice i would sing
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

The problem with Ragnar was that he had not been ready to relinquish his status as Jarl when he had. It would have been a different story if he had not settled into his position of power as well as he had, or even if he had been awful at leading as his brothers (both apparently) had been/were; but he hadn’t been bad at it. His wolves respected him, and that was a hard transition to make: alpha to omega. Ragnar suffered through submitting because he had no choice, because Odinn had demanded this of him. It was the burden he suffered for being the Allfather’s favorite, the chosen one. He had climbed the hierarchy easily enough, quickly, though he accredited it to his abilities and ambition alone, because it certainly wasn’t as if he was Pump’s pet - in fact they often did not see eye to eye on most matters. Naturally, they were rivals. Despite this, it was still respect that Ragnar felt for their hybrid leader. She had earned it and no matter if they came to be literally at one another’s throats he would still respect her.

Gavriil’s voice was full of submission and if Ragnar had been a different kind of man he might have felt bad about being cold and clipped with Gavril - of whom he did owe something of a debt too (though it was very unlikely that Ragnar would take to that being thrown in his face in kind). Someday, Ragnar would pay him back for it, but only when the time was right. “I am not upset,” It was the truth. He was perhaps a little annoyed but not upset. “I only want my sons to be apart of the culture and religion that is their birthright.” He explained wondering what it would take to make these wolves see. He did not want someone else to unravel what Ragnar was trying to teach them as they grew, and Ragnar did not think that what he wanted in that regards was much to ask for.

That sort of trust was hard for Ragnar to give out blindly and he would make sure his sons were made into proper Vikings, even if it meant defying orders to make it happen.

Messages In This Thread
if i had a voice i would sing - by Ragnar - May 04, 2014, 09:43 AM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Gavriil - May 06, 2014, 11:22 AM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Ragnar - May 07, 2014, 06:34 AM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Gavriil - May 07, 2014, 07:50 AM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Ragnar - May 07, 2014, 08:25 AM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Gavriil - May 08, 2014, 10:30 AM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Ragnar - May 08, 2014, 02:28 PM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Gavriil - May 14, 2014, 07:57 AM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Ragnar - May 14, 2014, 09:37 AM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Gavriil - May 16, 2014, 10:46 AM
RE: if i had a voice i would sing - by Ragnar - May 16, 2014, 01:04 PM