Honeyed Pasture the world is already on my side
devil worshipper with a heart of gold
304 Posts
Ooc — KJ
“Another set of teeth?” questioned the stranger, and although Szymon’s features remained set and stoic, his twitching tail whisked appreciation at its phrasing as his scarred muzzle dipped in an affirmative nod. He felt the stranger’s eyes on him but did not return the glance, feeling that it was simply the way of the wolf to size up one’s acquaintances lest they swiftly become adversaries. For Szymon’s part, he kept his eyes trained on the deer — two spotted fawns, three does — and supposed that his call had gone unanswered, which was somewhat disappointing but not terribly surprising. He was not one of Donnelaith’s number; they had no reason — as yet, until Skellige’s plan was well underway — to consider his voice worth listening to. Besides, he thought, the spotted pelt — even a portion of it — would be a good offering to the Leviathan or his Witch Doctor.

“I’m Grayday — of Silvertip Mountain.”

The feeling that swept through Szymon was that of a student in a classroom with a difficult-to-pronounce name, knowing he was about to be called and dreading the ridiculous noises that would replace who he truly was. He could just nod and accept the stranger’s name without offering his own, but Szymon couldn’t make this kill alone. He needed this wolf — and so he would have to play nice. “S-S-S — ” he edged out, reaching for the sense of calm and relaxation that he felt when Doe was around — but it was too far out of his reach in this particular situation, when his muscles were already readied for battle and his throat was locked in a vise grip. “S-Szy — m-m-mon.” He refused to look at the other wolf — if the hunt disintegrated into teasing or ridicule, Szymon would simply leave. It wasn’t worth attacking him over; the youngest Cairn had no desire to spark dissention between the bay wolves and Silvertip Mountain.

Still, he found himself expecting it — if not outright teasing, then certainly the cruelty of laughter. It was — almost, he amended, thinking of Doe and her quiet acceptance — all he knew.
Messages In This Thread
the world is already on my side - by Szymon - July 17, 2016, 02:19 AM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Grayday Sr. - July 18, 2016, 12:20 AM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Szymon - July 18, 2016, 02:52 AM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Grayday Sr. - July 18, 2016, 09:46 AM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Szymon - July 18, 2016, 11:49 AM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Grayday Sr. - July 18, 2016, 08:12 PM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Szymon - July 19, 2016, 01:36 AM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Grayday Sr. - July 19, 2016, 09:21 AM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Szymon - July 19, 2016, 10:20 AM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Grayday Sr. - July 19, 2016, 08:45 PM
RE: the world is already on my side - by Szymon - July 19, 2016, 09:07 PM