Sunbeam Lair Take [m]e out, make me think about it
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
His words had stung, far harder, even, than his intentions. No longer was he capable of being understood, his shared beliefs having gone back upon everything that he'd assisted in the building of. With loyalty there came trust, and she found neither to be weaknesses. It took strength to be able to form a sense of either, and determination to maintain them. She had thought that he knew that, but his response only showed her that she'd not taught him enough. That even though they'd been together for so long, he'd taken nothing from her way of living in order to make it his own, and that hurt her. A life of peace, a home in which everyone valued loyalty and could trust one another—those where the things that she had desired most in the world, though slowly had her dreams began to be crushed under the weight of his harshness. She knew not if it was truly him speaking, or if his mind was just so clouded that he was spewing nonsense, but either case had her wishing she'd escaped earlier in the day.

"It is through our loyalty and trust that we obtain our strength," she'd reasoned. "Please, come to your senses and realize this." It was only with words that that she could fend him off, her physical strength having always been far beneath his own. The idea of running had entered her mind, but given his close proximity, she knew that doing so would only lead to harm befalling her. He would give chase—this she knew to be certain—and in the end she'd be trapped anyways. It was as if she'd been backed into a corner, unable to find a proper way of escaping the trouble she'd fallen into. Having to think so quickly, her mind operated similar to how a whirlwind might, nothing of use being presented no matter how long she was left to consider her options. Asterr had considered calling for another member, insisting that they fend the male off so that she could take her leave, but her need to protect all of those within the lair kept her mouth from opening. If she were to call someone, then surely a fight would break out, and she would have been the cause of pain instead of the release. It was something that she could not do to her family, much preferring to sacrifice herself so that they might exist without any worries.

The change in his expression had been noticed, her muscles tensing in preparation for whatever he might throw her way. Yet, an attack had not been made in order to drag her down, the male having instead shifted towards her right. All of the potential scenarios had not played through her mind, for there'd been not enough of time for them to do so. Thus, she'd turned, aiming to ward him off. It was in the last moment that he'd shifted his direction, though, and perhaps she had noticed but a second too late.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
Take [m]e out, make me think about it - by Asterr - July 17, 2016, 01:43 AM
RE: Take me out, make me think about it - by Jolon - July 17, 2016, 04:21 AM
RE: Take me out, make me think about it - by Asterr - July 17, 2016, 10:58 AM
RE: Take me out, make me think about it - by Jolon - July 17, 2016, 05:20 PM
RE: Take me out, make me think about it - by Asterr - July 18, 2016, 02:39 AM
RE: Take me out, make me think about it - by Jolon - July 18, 2016, 04:13 PM
RE: Take me out, make me think about it - by Avannon - July 18, 2016, 04:40 PM
RE: Take me out, make me think about it - by Asterr - July 19, 2016, 02:11 AM