Lake Rodney Hello, Wherever You Are
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
The other wolf seemed hesitant as Pyx offered her care. She wasn't exactly a healer, was she? Yes and no. Before she could correct Chase, however, the other blurted out a very excited affirmative to the offer of care. She smiled at the female, shaking her head. "It's the least I can do, honestly. I don't want to leave another wolf bleeding and in pain. I'll say that I'm not exactly a healer though. I'm...more aspiring to be one. That's not to say I'm clueless though, I was taught when I was younger about herbs and healing. I just don't have a title yet." She hoped that wouldn't dampen Chase's hopes. Of course a new healer was better than no healer, far as she could see it.

"First things first, I'll need you to go rinse in the lake, to loosen the dried blood some. It'll rinse it from your fur too. Once you're done, come back here. I'm going to look around a bit." She didn't wait for the other to leave before she began to glance around. She was looking for likely places for what she wanted. Heading off, it wasn't long before the scent of raspberries reached her nose. She followed the scent a small distance and grinned at the bushel. Sadly, they were thorned. She frowned, but knew she could chew a leaf herself if needed. Delicately as she could she began to pluck leaves from the bush. She let them lay by her feet as she did, wanting enough to treat Chase and to take home. Her gums and lips were pricked more than a few times, and she thought she'd look quite the sight returning with swollen bumps on her lip.

Once she had a nice amount of leaves she gathered them carefully in her mouth and dashed back to where she and Chase had first met. She deposited her bounty on the mulberry leaf and set off again without a word. It was harder to sniff now that blood dripped from her lip, so she licked the wound a few times to clear it. It wasn't a bad prick, but bothersome given what she needed to do. Distantly she thought she saw some tetterwort, but didn't have time to investigate. The raspberry leaves would serve for the pain. She needed the root now, or some other agent to fight infection. It took her a little longer, long enough that she worried the other might think she abandoned her, but finally she found some Chervile root and dug it up. She could come back for more later for the pack she reasoned and headed back to the meeting place for the final time.

Returning, her eyes were apologetic and she only hoped the other would still be there. It hadn't taken an hour, but even half that was a long wait when waiting on a stranger you'd only just met. It wouldn't be long enough for the blood to dry again, hopefully, so long as it wasn't still rapidly bleeding. "'M Suhree." She slurred around the root in her mouth, before setting it near the leaves. "This was harder to find."
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

Messages In This Thread
Hello, Wherever You Are - by Pyx - July 15, 2016, 08:05 PM
RE: Hello, Wherever You Are - by Chase - July 20, 2016, 09:39 AM
RE: Hello, Wherever You Are - by Pyx - July 20, 2016, 10:07 PM
RE: Hello, Wherever You Are - by Chase - July 20, 2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Hello, Wherever You Are - by Pyx - July 21, 2016, 10:12 PM
RE: Hello, Wherever You Are - by Chase - July 22, 2016, 02:44 AM
RE: Hello, Wherever You Are - by Pyx - July 22, 2016, 11:58 AM
RE: Hello, Wherever You Are - by Floki - July 22, 2016, 08:30 PM