The Sentinels I'm a little turned around
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
The male introduced himself with a long string of syllables - Doe was content to know him as Con. She dipped her head in his direction before turning her attention back toward the white wolf, avoiding her own introduction because she was a little confused about what name she should give to these wolves. Had she given one to Deirdre?

"She was very kind to me," Doe said pensively, uncertain now about her reception. Neither wolves seemed particularly happy to see her there, and the white one was clearly distressed by news of her pack. Did she not know of the Blackrock wolves? It was odd that Deirdre had not confided in her alpha; not something Doe had anticipated. She'd come to these borders assuming they knew of and tolerated her people.

She could see now that she'd made a mistake by coming here, and while she was not afraid of the wolves of Donnelaith - that much faith in Deirdre she still held in her heart - she feared retribution from her own alpha, and worried that she'd stepped on some carefully laid plans in her short sojurn into the area.

"We are a seafaring people, lady," she said quietly, seeing that friendliness would not help her, now. She settled for earnest and respectful, and tried not to let fear climb into her heart - Don't worry, Szymon. I'll find you, somehow. "We reside in the bay, and we pull food from the water. Stavanger has been given to us by our gods; we will not depart. But neither do we have any interest in Donnelaith," she explained, not entirely sure she was right, but confident enough that it did not feel like a lie. The idea of Skellige in a place like this was laughable, after all. What would he want with Donnelaith? "I can't even get home without the ocean at my side; surely you do not worry about us being after your land?"

She looked to Con, entreating. "I am sorry I assumed I would be granted safe passage; Deirdre has always been welcome at Stavanger, and I didn't realize... I didn't realize."

What else was there to be said? What could undo the damage she had done here? For a moment, before Con spoke, she'd thought about feigning madness. If the white wolf thought she was raving, she'd surely discount her story. Deirdre could only confim that she'd been under the influence of Jimson when they'd met; was it so strange that she'd have taken it again?

But then Con spoke, confirming the existence of the Blackrock wolves. She could not backpedal now; could do nothing but try to soothe the other female, and keep everything else she knew to herself. These things were important; she would do all she could to slavage the situation - but Doe had only one true goal, now.

Don't worry, Szymon. I'll get back to you.

I just don't know how, yet.
Messages In This Thread
I'm a little turned around - by Doe - July 21, 2016, 06:07 PM
RE: I'm a little turned around - by Aria - July 21, 2016, 10:20 PM
RE: I'm a little turned around - by Doe - July 21, 2016, 10:44 PM
RE: I'm a little turned around - by Aria - July 22, 2016, 10:56 AM
RE: I'm a little turned around - by Constantine - July 22, 2016, 11:20 AM
RE: I'm a little turned around - by Doe - July 22, 2016, 03:12 PM
RE: I'm a little turned around - by Aria - July 22, 2016, 03:19 PM
RE: I'm a little turned around - by Constantine - July 22, 2016, 03:33 PM
RE: I'm a little turned around - by Doe - July 22, 2016, 08:22 PM
RE: I'm a little turned around - by Aria - July 22, 2016, 08:32 PM