You'd give your life you'd sell your soul
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Sure! I'm in no hurry if you aren't. I love writing with you. :)

When Osprey mentioned their mom dying, Atticus's ears drooped somewhat and a somber expression came over his face. Peregrine had given him the news not long ago and he still hadn't quite figured out how to deal with it. He'd been a lot closer with his dad than his mom, and Aether's passing had been hard. Really hard. His mother's passing was difficult, but it didn't hit him the same way. It still hurt, and he was still grieving, but it was just…complicated for him.

But otherwise, he was glad to hear that the events that had led her here were mostly uneventful. Certainly nothing like those that had resulted in him being here. And Osprey inquired about that, too. He was surprised she knew nothing of his banishment. He thought that Tyrannus would've wanted to be loud and proud about having gotten rid of all the younger brothers. "No, I was banished too," he answered, his voice thoughtful and a slighty troubled expression coming over his face as he remembered that awful day. "Tyrannus ran me out, like he did to Crete and Perry. I waited a day or two and tried to circle around to the opposite end of the lands and sneak back -- I wanted to find you and Mom. But Tyr caught me and we fought, he beat the crap out of me. He was always stronger and faster than me…" He trailed off for a moment as memories of warm summer afternoons spent running and wrestling with his older brother flashed through his mind. It hurt to think back on those times. He and Tyrannus had been so close once. "Anyway, he made sure I left after that, so I never got a chance to tell you or Mom. I followed Crete's scent here."

He fell quiet for a moment as he chewed on those memories, both bitter and sweet. Tyrannus was dead now. He had a harder time processing that death than he did March Owl's, for no matter how much of an asshole his older brother had been, Atticus had loved Tyrannus dearly. They'd been close friends growing up, and Tyrannus had taught him a lot of things in his youth. "I miss home a lot. I like it here, but it's not the same. It helps having you guys around, though."
Messages In This Thread
You'd give your life you'd sell your soul - by Osprey - March 27, 2014, 04:30 PM
RE: You'd give your life you'd sell your soul - by Atticus - May 16, 2014, 10:51 PM