Stavanger Bay shot me out of the sky, you're my kryptonite
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary

The call for Doe had surprised the titan. He had been in the waters in search of fish when it had sounded overhead as a long howl. Dark ears swiveled atop his crown and he thought softly of leaving the sea and meeting whoever it had been on the edges of his pack. It was his duty to see that passersby were tended to, but if they had specifically requested his Atoll, then perhaps they had business that needed attending. Casting the thought aside, the brute dove into the waters and found himself submerged in the environment of his choosing; the dark swell of the depths – and nearby was the inky jagged rock that had been placed into the ocean waters where only the most skilled of swimmers would be able to reach it. Skellige had truly been blessed by those lands and he was pleased with his decision to locate himself there. Powerful strokes allowed for the sea king to delve deep into the waters and he clasped a large fish between his jaws. Gripping down until blood seeped into the ocean, he turned his direction for the surface and his dark head shot from the top of the lapping waves.

Pulling himself toward the shore until his steady paws touched the sands, the brute shook the droplets from his fur and went to the nearest cache to deposit his fish there for the others. It would be good to keep them well stocked with as much of the ocean life as possible. The day of the blessing was upon them and he knew that they would need their strength afterward. It had always been an exhausting day on the shores of Warsaw and Skellige knew that it would be no different on his bay. Just as he had covered the fish in the supply storage, there was the sound of Doe calling to him with her familiar chirp. His dark ears swiveled to meet the sound of her voice and he wondered what it could be that would require him to speak to her company. It was all that he could assume after having heard her call in the air before.

With a quiet huff, the wraith lowered his crown and trudged toward the edges of the pack. His muscles swayed as he loped across the sands and the granules were kicked up to collect on his wet pelt, dabbling him in pale gold. As he neared the sight of the wolves, his dark gaze drifted to the pale woman and her dark bodyguard. A frown lined his leathery lips as he closed the distance between them and lifted his skull upward. It did not matter that she too may have been a leader, it was not her lands that he had traveled to. The fur along his neck was stiff from the saline in the water, and his dark coat was spattered in pale sand that had clung to him in his trek. None of their previous conversation had been heard by the brute; he had come in with fresh ears, but he was confident in his body language and his eyes traveled between the pair of them with moderate interest.

To the leviathan, it did not matter that he had not asked their permission to settle in the land beside their forest pack; the bay did not belong to them. The Donnelaith wolves had no right to it or to call it their own, and while their discomfort was warranted, they also had no right to ask him to leave. It was a free territory and it had been spoken highly of by his mystics.

Knowing that Deirdre would wish him to speak kindly, the titan furrowed his brows and glanced to Doe swiftly before he decided to speak. “What brings you to the depths?” the water wolf inquired with a slight tilt of his head. His lips had peeled over his words to reveal yellowed canines and his russet gaze flashed with a peculiar intensity. What he could not understand was why the pale leader from the forest had felt it necessary to bring with her a guard. Had Deirdre not spoken to her leaders as she had promised she would? Doubts began to creep into his chest and Skellige found himself growing fiercely defensive over his new home. His intentions with the bay would still stand if the woman would hear it; they could keep their peaceful ways and his wolves would act as warriors and guardians over their healing home. If she decided this was not an appropriate fit… she would have to see how well her healers did against veterans of great war.  
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
Messages In This Thread
shot me out of the sky, you're my kryptonite - by Aria - August 01, 2016, 12:08 AM
RE: shot me out of the sky, you're my kryptonite - by Doe - August 01, 2016, 11:48 AM
RE: shot me out of the sky, you're my kryptonite - by Skellige - August 01, 2016, 02:30 PM
RE: shot me out of the sky, you're my kryptonite - by Doe - August 02, 2016, 10:43 PM
RE: shot me out of the sky, you're my kryptonite - by Doe - August 15, 2016, 12:50 AM