Bramblepoint my rapier wit hides my inner pain
it's called a hustle, sweetheart
105 Posts
Ooc — Archer
He watched with a mixture of sadness and apprehension as Trick closed his eyes, almost as if he was not ready to see a face from his past, and for a moment, Teagan wondered if it had been a good idea to come back. He'd always had the thought that the past was the past and if he ever ditched someone, ever made a mistake, he would enver venture there again, for fear of meeting those who loathed him for it. Now, Teagan was trying to be the bigger man, actually, he'd became a bigger man because he no longer cared who disliked him and who didn't, they didn't matter to the coywolf anymore. That was why he came back, and that was why he wanted to find Trick, to confront his problems and perhaps, find a solution to them.

Teagan supposed it wasn't fair to Trick, to find his ex lover wandering back one day with no explanation on why he'd vanished when he was needed most. The hybrid could imagine what that felt like; though truly he wondered if he'd ever meant that much to the raven furred man, if he'd been the only one who thought their connections ran deeper than the surface. If it was that case, then he'd made a dire mistake in his calculations, but he was 86% sure that he hadn't made a mistake, which wasn't a very high percentage given his current circumstance.

The swarthy male told him to take the rabbit, to which Teagan responded with a crease in his eyebrows and a shake of his head, "I'll be alright," he says in his ever predominant accent even though a sharp pang in his stomach told him otherwise. He was a prideful creature and he hated charity or pity, hence why he refused, though he'd refrained from using the harsher words he would usually say, given the fact that it would probably not help his case in getting back on Trick's good side at the slightest. Nevertheless, the words tingled at the tip of his lip, waiting to be said, waiting for the anger and hurt to ensue. He wasn't a very polite man, thus was unused to not speaking most of his mind but he swallowed the words anyways and focused his energy on the current situation at hand.

Trick spoke then, asking him why he was sorry in an almost weary tone and began moving backwards in small steps. The swarthy male explained that he was used to disappearances and that it was life, before excusing him like a stranger, telling Teagan that he had to catch more prey for his pack. From their location, and the scent lingering on Trick's fur, he deduced that the man was no longer in the Keep. Not that it mattered anymore because there was no way the fox was going back, not if Warbone was not in charge, not if Trick wasn't there anymore.

"Don't go," Teagan says, stepping forward carefully, hoping the other man wouldn't bolt. "Please, please —" he swallowed thickly before meeting Trick's gaze evenly, his eyes wide and imploring though the rest of his face remained carefully impassive, "— stay," he murmurs. "Look, I know you say you're used to things disappearing and I understand if you don't want me to ruin this...new life you have going on but I don't want to ruin anything, I never wanted to leave you in first place. And I'm sorry, for doing so, with Warbone gone and all that I'm sure it was shitass timing but I couldn't help it, I got dragged away and I didn't have time to inform you." He took a deep breath, "You probably don't need me now, you probably don't want me around but I came back to find you, I made a promise. I've lost so many wolves, Trick, I don't want to lose you too, even if it means you'll hate me for it."

Teagan looks away, catching his breath before meeting Trick's gaze as evenly as he can and taking yet another step forward, his posture displaying his neutraility and slight submissiveness. "Hear me out, at the very least?" he was bordering on begging now, and that would be outright embarrassing, so if this didn't work, he didn't know what he could do. Begging was definitely NOT an option. "Listen to why I had to leave? I know you might not want me around to mess it up again but I've dealt with it all, and I'm not here to go anymore. Please..just hear me out and give me a second chance, a shot to have a life with you again." He is breathing hard by the end of this, but still manages a smile and a quip, though it barely reaches his imploring eyes. "Besides, you can have the rabbit. So you can at least spare sometime, right?"
i got guns in my head and they won't go
spirits in my head and they won't go
Messages In This Thread
my rapier wit hides my inner pain - by Teagan - August 11, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: my rapier wit hides my inner pain - by Trick - August 11, 2016, 10:54 AM
RE: my rapier wit hides my inner pain - by Teagan - August 11, 2016, 11:15 AM
RE: my rapier wit hides my inner pain - by Trick - August 11, 2016, 11:39 AM
RE: my rapier wit hides my inner pain - by Teagan - August 11, 2016, 12:25 PM
RE: my rapier wit hides my inner pain - by Trick - August 11, 2016, 12:59 PM
RE: my rapier wit hides my inner pain - by Teagan - August 11, 2016, 08:43 PM
RE: my rapier wit hides my inner pain - by Trick - August 15, 2016, 06:07 AM
RE: my rapier wit hides my inner pain - by Teagan - August 15, 2016, 07:00 AM