Silvertip Mountain Don't do anything stupid until I can do it with you
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel noticed Valette looking at him. It was clear that she had something on her mind, something probably about him. He remained facing the river, but caught her gaze out of the corners of his own blue eyes. Her eyes were so beautiful, hazel and sweet like a meadow in spring. He was dragged away from her eyes when he heard her question. His past. It seemed his friends were always asking about that. He hated talking about it, but maybe if he shared with her, she'd understand him a bit better. And maybe she's open up about her own.

The Manchester turned his body to face her fully, but did not look her directly in the eyes. Then he spoke. I was born in this pack called Winter's Bluff. Not really a very nice pack. Not like this one at all. We had commanders and lieutenants and everyone was a soldier. That's where I learned how to fight, my mom taught me. He spat out the word mother, clearly bitter towards her. However he wasn't angry or anything. He was sharing more than he usually would, but he felt that he could trust Valette. I have a brother and a sister. They were fighters like me. Our pack was always fighting with other packs, it was so violent. I just got sick of it. That's why I came here.

He still didn't feel comfortable sharing all the things he did while there, but he didn't lie to her. He smiled as his story got to the good part. It was hard transitioning at first, the Bluff was serious and mean most of the time. Then here everyone's happy and having a good time, usually. That's why I'm kind of rude sometimes I guess, I never really was taught to be kind. My family was all, He puffed out his chest and deepened his voice, mocking his father's stature. 'Respect the rules, and your rank. Train until you can't anymore then fight until you win. Remember that Ezekiel and you'll make a great lieutenant some day.' He finished with a bit of a chuckle, he'd never liked his father. Even in death, the man mocked him, so it felt good to tease him back.

He sighed, looking back into Valette's eyes. Yeah not a big fan of my dad. Or any of my family. That's why I'm glad I came here. Steady's a great friend. So are you.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't do anything stupid until I can do it with you - by Ezekiel - August 19, 2016, 08:15 AM