Silvertip Mountain Don't do anything stupid until I can do it with you
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette thanked him for sharing, and gave him a sort of compliment. He smiled, and added playfully, I do try. But then the mood shifted, Valette turned to her feet, as if nervous. It took him a moment to understand why, but when she started his ears perked up. She was going to share with him. He looked straight at her, to show that he was attentive. Sitting straight, he waited for her to be ready. She started at the beginning. Saying how she was born in rising sun valley. That was weird to him, because earlier she'd said she'd never been. But maybe then she had just wanted to avoid a conversation like this.

Her past was very sad, and she shared every bit of it. Her mother sounded amazing, not like his at all. Her father sounded cruel, which he knew all too well. She was forced to choose between her parents, which to him seemed an obvious choice. However his life had been a bit different from hers, maybe if he knew what her birth family was like, he would understand why the decision was hard. Ezekiel's expression had hardened as her story began to take a dark turn. It angered him that both her brother and father had left her. How dare they? His paws clenched against the dirt, if only he could show them what they'd done to her. But would they even care?

His heart broke when she said her mother died. If his own mother was dead, he wouldn't give a shit, but Valette clearly loved hers, so he knew it must've been hard for her. He saw her eyes welling with tears, and his gaze softened. He wouldn't judge her past, never, but he did wish he could change if for her. But like she said, she wouldn't be herself if he did. He couldn't change the past, but he could make her future better. She continued on, every new character she introduced seemed to end the same way, leaving her. The reason for her doubting him was clear now, and though he could promise all he wanted, there was no guarantee that she'd ever believe him. He nodded when she finished.

Valette was quiet now, clearly hurt by her own memories. He knew how evil the past could be, how it haunted you and hurt you even after it had happened. Her fear of being alone would never leave her, just like his fear of guilt wouldn't leave him. She looked away from him, tears in her eyes. He moved closer, staring at her, trying to get her attention. Valette I'm so sorry, but hey listen. He nudged her head with his nose, so that he could face her. This was very important and he wanted her to hear him. Staring straight into her eyes, he gave in.

Valette you have been through so much. All those wolves who left you, they don't know what their missing. You know why I would never leave you? Because I know how amazing you are. You are the strongest person I've ever met, strong in ever meaning of the word. Anyone who doesn't appreciate you doesn't deserve your sadness. It's not you driving them away, they're just too blind to see how beautiful you are. Inside and out. And if you ever think that they're leaving you because you're doing something wrong, I'll tell you right now that you aren't. You may not believe me yet, and take your time, but whether or not you like me how I like you, I will always be here for you. I won't go anywhere without you knowing, you'll never have to look for me. You'll always know where to find me.

He stopped his rant, hoping she understood. For he first time since he was young, he felt tears in the corners of his own eyes. He couldn't allow her to feel guilt, or to feel like she wasn't good enough. He'd felt that for too long, and he couldn't wish it on anyone else. Thank you, for talking to me. I hope I helped you feel a bit better. He smiled, it felt so good to get some stuff off his chest. Maybe someday he'd feel comfortable unloading his guilt, maybe someday he'd feel truly safe around her. The large grey wolf sat back, the intensity of the moment was fading slightly. It seemed some time had passed, and maybe she'd like to rest soon.

I wrote you my own novel xD<33
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't do anything stupid until I can do it with you - by Ezekiel - August 20, 2016, 07:28 AM