The Sentinels the sea alone, with its multiplicity, holds any hope
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary

The information unfolded around him in a matter of moments. Deirdre knew the child – had known he before she had washed up on his shores. How could he have been so unlucky? She was honest with him, and direct, and for that he did not see any reason why he should lie to her. The great Cairn was not a beast of trickery; that had always been Ishild’s forte. He was a direct man, and so he anticipated that was all she would want from him. Her question as to how he had come to know the child struck the air and he drew his ears forward, lifting his skull. “She was traveling with her father near the edges of the bay. We greeted them, she became fearful and ran into my territory. Her father attempted to follow her without requesting permission… and I am not a man who allows others to walk over me in front of my kin or on my land,” he spoke to her with a firm nod of his skull. There was no regret in the decision he had made to have Mordecai detained and tossed to the waves.

“I fetched her, and the waters blessed her and returned her to me. The sea has not yet sought to do that with her father, so she has taken the name Sharkbait and I have been watching over her as my own,” he then finished, turning his dark eyes to meet her own emerald ones. “I would like to see her, yes,” he then followed with a few steps forward. He wished to brush his muzzle against her cheek – to thank her for finding the child – but he did not know how she would take the news of what had occurred on his bay.
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
Messages In This Thread
RE: the sea alone, with its multiplicity, holds any hope - by Skellige - August 24, 2016, 02:55 PM