Silver Creek O Captain! My Captain!
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
She smiled again and he returned the gesture, lifting his ears to catch her words. A joke on the spot was harder for him than simply turning the conversation humourous naturally, so he was pleased to hear her continue. He would hate to disappoint her. She spat Reek's name at his feet and finally he had someone who seemed to feel similiar to him about the male. Shreya had seemed sure of his redeeming qualities and even Laika had seemed willing to give him another chance. That had been before the childre though, what would they say now? Spring's reaction, however, was something Heston could understand better.

He considered her question a moment, before meeting her eyes. "I have heard that he betrayed Saena, the previous leader of Silver Creek. He betrayed her first by breaking the trust of their mateship with another female," It was clear Heston found this distasteful as well, though it paled in comparison to the other things Reek had done. "Then, when she would not have him back -and rightly so- he allied with an enemy and threatened the whole of Silver Creek if she did not join him." He sneered at this, could not understand how a brute could sink so low as to literally betray his family, threaten to kill even. 

"So Saena fled, from there to here, changing the pack name to Silver Creek. I know that she vanished after a short time, and that Casmir and his mate had adopted her children as their own." His jaw tightened and his eyes flared with anger. "And Reek came back and somehow stole the children from them, from Silver Creek. Yet another betrayal on a list already long." He glanced away from Spring and thought for a moment. 

His lip twitched. "Before that last one, I had heard from others that they thought Reek might not be beyond saving. They thought...perhaps there was something better to him than what he did. Even as they told me the tale of his first betrayals I was skeptical. I...my past...I worried that things I have experienced made me want to hate a wolf I did not know, picturing him as a wolf I did." He looked back to Spring. "I tried to convince myself that perhaps there was more to the story, that he should not be damned for a past that I was not a part of. And yet," He blinked, brows lifting quickly. "He stole children from their home."

He slid his tongue over his teeth, shaking his head. "When I first joined, I said I did not wish to join under someone with questionable morals. I have been betrayed before, much like your pack in a different way." This was the most he'd talked about his past since joining, and he quickly steer the conversation away from the still healing wounds. "And that is why I don't trust wolves like Reek, who have betrayed before." He glanced to her, then away. "You did not ask for my opinion yet, but I have given it, along with what I know." The was a quiet anger in him, swirling just below the surface. He contained it and controlled it, but it would not be hard to see in his eyes. Much of it was from his past, but Reek was an easy target to focus it on.
Messages In This Thread
O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 20, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - August 20, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 23, 2016, 01:35 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - August 24, 2016, 12:32 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 24, 2016, 04:57 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - August 24, 2016, 05:50 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 24, 2016, 06:56 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - August 25, 2016, 11:01 AM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 25, 2016, 11:51 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - September 01, 2016, 10:12 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - September 04, 2016, 10:30 AM