Hushed Willows Sweet disaster
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Were it not for Larkspur's sobs, Harlyn may not have been able to resist the pull of her anger. But at the words that came from her daughter's quivering lips, she melted with sympathetic heartbreak for the burden the girl had placed upon her own shoulders. Guilt was not an easy thing to bear and it was terrible for the mother seeing her child suffer through it. Particularly when it inspired such guilt in Harlyn herself.

"No, no, my girl," the epsilon murmured, stepping back so that she could look upon Larkspur's face, "This is not your fault. What happens to us is the will of the gods, and that is something we have little control over. It may seem cruel the way they have treated our family, but they brought you back to me, and I have faith that they will deliver your brother and your father home to us as well. And it will not require any sort of spell. It requires faith."

Harlyn had liked Dierdre when they had met, but she could not deny that there was far too much imagination in the girl's head. She believed herself to have powers to bend the world to her will. The gods did not take kindly to those who thought themselves so powerful, and Harlyn worried that they soon would show to her what her true place in the world was.

Her daughter loved the self-proclaimed witch, though, and so Harlyn offered more comfort to her little sundrop. "And whatever promise you broke to Dierdre, I believe you wrong her thinking she would be so quick to deny you her support," she added, offering a smile.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
Sweet disaster - by Larkspur - September 01, 2016, 11:09 AM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Harlyn - September 02, 2016, 05:53 PM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Larkspur - September 02, 2016, 08:15 PM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Harlyn - September 02, 2016, 08:42 PM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Larkspur - September 02, 2016, 09:07 PM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Harlyn - September 03, 2016, 07:23 PM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Larkspur - September 03, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Harlyn - September 03, 2016, 08:34 PM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Larkspur - September 04, 2016, 11:15 AM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Harlyn - September 04, 2016, 06:23 PM
RE: Sweet disaster - by Larkspur - September 04, 2016, 07:09 PM