Silver Creek O Captain! My Captain!
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He meant what he said about wanting to be under Spring rather than Reek- she was kind, judging by how she'd asked his opinion just now she was the type who truly cared about their followers. His ears cupped towards her as she spoke, he tilt his head slightly in confusion wondering where she was going. Her voice was sad, concern filled his eyes. 

Zander. The name buzzed through his head with a weight attached, another name to remember. Her story continued and took a path he had not expected. His ears turned back as she told him that Zandar had abandoned her, that her children had died. He shook his head, speechless. "Oh, Spring," He said softly. "I am so sorry that happened to you. A male that would leave his mate, his children...is a vile creature indeed." He could see the cracks on Spring, the way she had pieced herself back together after this wound. It hurt his heart for her, that someone so strong could be hurt so many times over her life. And to suffer the loss of her young...it was tragic.

He hesitated now, unsure if he should share his story in turn. He did not want to seem like he was trying to compete with her over sadness. "I understand what you mean, Spring. When you say that Reek reminds you of Zander, that it deepens your dislike for Reek. Reek reminds me of another as well. A wolf from my past. I...I haven't told anyone this since arriving. It's still fairly fresh to me and while my pain truly is nothing compared to what you have suffered...it is pain to me all the same." He glanced to her, hoping she understood. He didn't want to compare their stories, but he wanted her to know that he understood totally. He wanted her to know that he trust her as well.

"When I first left my birth pack, I traveled for a time. I came across another pack outside the Teekon. The leader was a kind male, the members were happy. I liked him, the pack, all of it. I joined them. I made friends and I wanted to...to work my way up in the pack. The alpha, he liked me, I was earning trust. I saw...such a great future there for myself. There were two females I had found attractive. One...I think I was beginning to fall for her." 

He shook his head and swallowed thickly, his gaze lowered to the ground. "I pictured myself with children there, happy. But slowly and then all at once a famine struck. We were starving, suffering but we were surviving. The packs in the area had an agreement that disputes were on hold. A peace-time." His jaw clenched, he exhaled loudly. "The wolf that reminds me of Reek was an alpha. He...he challenged our borders. He was pushing for more hunting ground. We wouldn't have survived if he'd taken it. He demand our leader submit to him, that our pack follow, or die. In a time of peace, he ordered his wolves to attack the pack. So many died from either side, we were all so weak. When our pack had fallen, when our alpha lay dead, he told us to submit or die. Our bodies would feed his pack, he told us." Heston shivered slightly, consumed by the memory.

"So many refused but were too weak to run. He killed them. Ripped their throats and let them bleed. Others ran. Some...some joined him. The female...the female I liked, she joined him. She...she was the one who had helped organize the ambush that started the attack. She...betrayed us, killed us all." A low growl started in his throat and he took a moment to calm himself. "I refused to follow, I spat in his face and ran until I thought I would die. They didn't chase me, and once I had strength I dragged myself onward. Healing as I went. I found Teekon after I was healed physically. Mentally...I still have many wounds. That's why I asked what type of wolf you were, that's why I dislike Reek so deeply. That...that's why I'm afraid of how attached I am to Silver Creek. Every time I speak to you, or Casmir, I grow closer to you. I can't lose this pack too." He shook his head again and raised his eyes to Spring's. "I would die fighting for Silver Creek if I had to."

"So I understand you, Spring. And I appreciate you sharing your story with me. I have darkness in my past too, have trust and cared for wolves who left me hurt in return." He sighed, glancing away from her. "It...It feels good to have told someone...finally."
Messages In This Thread
O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 20, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - August 20, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 23, 2016, 01:35 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - August 24, 2016, 12:32 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 24, 2016, 04:57 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - August 24, 2016, 05:50 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 24, 2016, 06:56 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - August 25, 2016, 11:01 AM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - August 25, 2016, 11:51 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Spring - September 01, 2016, 10:12 PM
RE: O Captain! My Captain! - by Heston - September 04, 2016, 10:30 AM