The Sentinels Gotta Fight Another Fight, Gotta Run Another Night
"Moon Dust In Your Lungs, Stars In Your Eyes, You Are A Child Of The Cosmos, A Ruler Of The Sky."
121 Posts
Ooc —
Giana's plead for help was met with aggression and rejection-the only thing that kept the dying woman from leaping at either of them and ending her suffering now was the approach of another, smaller figure. She radiated kindness, and offered to heal the ivory queen no matter her fate. Gia bit back-literally latching onto her bottom lip to keep her jaws shut- a harsh comment that nobody was coming for her, but decided her wish to live overruled everything else.
The man tried again to do, well, Giana wasn't sure, exactly, since she was clearly no threat if she could barely walk. Though the woman stood, shaking, and took an uneasy step forward, her broken leg curled tight to her torso, his rushings did little. She walked at her own pace, hobbling and laboring for a proper breath, and eventually collapsed when she was unable to smell the borders anymore. Here was where she would stay until her strength would return.
The fever was perhaps the worst of it, for after so long of hurting and gritting her teeth through this infection, pain was not something her brain even recognized. Like the burdens on her back, they had faded into the background like stale prey.
Maybe if she'd have cleaned her wounds better, sought help sooner, lied about falling off a cliff or some shit, she would have been accepted somewhere. But the moment she collapsed, she knew that she was a fool to think. It was harder to breathe now, but that hardly mattered. As the little witch began to treat her, Giana watched with thankful, but sad eyes. When she spoke, it was softly-for the girl's ears only, even if she could have spoke louder through the laboring breaths and bubbling mucus.
       "I-I thank you for d-doing this. Y-You've saved my l-life if I s-survive."
She had to halt, swallow a great breath before choking out another soft groan of words: if nobody else knew what'd really happened, at least one should, whether she believed it or not....
                          "T-two dark w-wolves tr-trapped me, to-tortured me, experimented on me t-to see h-how some w-weed w-worked: I n-never meant any h-harm t-to your h-home, nor y-your neighbors, e-even when t-they h-hurt me. I d-dont want a c-change of he-heart, just for yo-you to know w-what ha-ha-happened."
With that, she went silent, awaiting their leave of her but still refusing to move from this spot.
In fact, long after they had gone, the ivory woman had slipped into a fitful sleep. The witch had saved her, of this she was sure, and for some reason it gave her a flicker of hope for the future. Even when two entire packs had rejected her, there had been one little female that offered her skills to a stranger-someone who very well might have killed her.
The next morning, she vanished from the forest, and planned to stay far, far away from both the coast and the place where she'd been trapped.

Lemme know if anything here should be changed, but elsewise this is my last post here.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Gotta Fight Another Fight, Gotta Run Another Night - by Giana - September 14, 2016, 12:16 PM