Golden Glade Halfway Through
King
"Bad boys aint no good, but good boys aint no fun."
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Pack Activity 
The first Royal Fire Court puppy shower! :D Everyone is required to join, No post order or restrictions! This is a party: Have fun! @Aspen and @Heartha please let everyone else (Being @Nico @Shalon and @Penelope ) join first! Feel free to PP Alder a little in your own posts, since I'm doing this in one big post.

Today was the day, and the best part was that nobody even knew! It was a new thing Alder had thought up in his absense-not much else to do when you're bedridden all by yourself- puppy parties! Since women were supposed to be respected and cared for, and pregnancy was probably the hardest thing ever on a female, it only seemed right that halfway through their pregnancies, they got to be the center of attention. 

And so, the morning after his return, he woke before the break of dawn. It wasn't hard to do, considering he woke every hour in his excitement for the next day: this made hunting pretty hard for the groggy King, and by the time the sun had risen- everyone would be waking soon-there was only three rabbits dangling from his jaws. With six members in the Court, Alder would have to go dip into a cache to feed everyone, but that wasn't a problem. After dropping off all six in previously found Illumination Meadow, the ginger patched male set off for his next job: rounding up the other three members of the Court-the ones that werent pregnant or him. Shalon, he would look for first, since she was the Duchess, but then whomever he found first between Nico and the newcomer Penelope didn't matter. He just had to look for them all without drawing attention from the girls. One by one, he silently sought them out, stalking about the Glade for them each, giving them each the same soft-spoken orders:
                       "I'm throwing a puppy party for Aspen and Heartha today, and everyone else has to go and find something for each of them. I don't care what it is: flowers, something for the pups to play with when they get older, herbs, just something that shows you care and we appreciate them growing the babies for the family. If you see either of them, you haven't seen me and you're not collecting things for a party, okay? Meet back at Illumination Meadow in about an hour. After I find my things, I'll bring the girls to the field. I'll be loud, so when you hear me make sure you all hide!"

His own gifts for the girls were next, and since he planned to bring his children toys and the such, he knew it needed to be something special for their mothers. 
It took only 10 minutes to find something his Queen would love: A luna moth. Alder didn't know if Aspen knew anything about the pale green insect, but his father had told him a bit of lore behind it. They represent living life to the fullest and finding the most important part of life-love, and they also are believed to be talismans for protection and succcess. So, after giving it a good smack with a massive paw-killing it, but not breaking its beautiful, flowing green wings-Alder scoopedd it gently in a paw and settled to limping until he went back to the meadow.
Heartha, however, was much harder to find a gift for. After crossing through the meadow-twice- and depositing his moth for Aspen, a half an hour later he still couldn't find anything.
Eventually, he had to seek out the girls. For now, he was okay with looking for them as he had the others-by foot, without calling. It gave him more time to look for.... That!
There, growing in a rare patch of bright sun rays, were tulips. They were a scarlet red on the outside, but the inside was a sunset orange: they were beautiful. Plucking the largest, plumpest one, Alder raced his way back to Illumination Meadow, dropping it beside Aspens moth, and after telling everyone gathered that he was off to find them, set off for the last time.

This time, he did call for them. Tipping his blackened muzzle back and howling out for them, loud and jouous, he set forward to intercept them. They found him at the same time, luckily, and with a stoic mask of barely contained excitement, he told them only to follow him, as he had something to show them. Shortening and slowing his usually long strides to keep himself just ahead of the two, Alder could feel his tail quivering in excitement as it curled over his back. Hushing any questions they might have for him, paws slamming heavily to the earth and scattering earth before him, the King stepped into the flower-ridden meadow: the only place in Golden Glade you could actually see the sky. Now, he was being especially loud, dragging his paws and stepping more heavy than he should, and he announced their presence to the seemingly empty meadow, leading them right to their gifts somewhere near the center.
                                                          "Aspen, Heartha, this is for you. All of it is!"
The last four words he called out to the pack, inviting them to jump out and surprise the two mothers-to-be. By this time, he was unable to contain his excitement, his rump wiggling with the force of his wagging tail and ears cupped forward. His one good eye bounced from Aspen to Heartha and back again, waiting and reading their reactions.

Since the other members are gone, the post is waiting on @Heartha and @Aspen  and its just the four of us.
Messages In This Thread
Halfway Through - by Alder - September 15, 2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Halfway Through - by Shalon - September 22, 2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Halfway Through - by Aspen - November 19, 2016, 07:29 PM