Overture Downs And someone called me by my name
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
She received Desna's news impassively, listening but not feeling one way or another about it. The girl had become a hunter and a scout, and Saena fought back a biting desire to point out that she was clearly not suited to either of them if she couldn't find an entire pack, but Desna had not sunk into pettiness and neither would she. The woman still had a bit of maturing to do but she was at least growing to show more maturity in the presence of younger wolves. It wouldn't do to behave poorly when her companion was behaving well.

Desna asked about the location of the pack and Saena stiffened. "South," she said noncommittally. "No offence, but I'd rather not share more than that." Desna would need to find them with her nose if she wanted to meet with them. Saena was far too cautious to give out information about her pack's whereabouts, especially considering the reason she was so far from it in the first place. Before it wouldn't have been an issue, but now...

That made her pause. Desna may have "betrayed" the pack by never returning to them, but Saena had known Desna since she was tiny and still fresh to the world. She didn't trust the girl but neither did she distrust her as readily as she would someone she didn't know. Certainly she knew that Desna posed them no threat. So she breathed a sigh and murmured, "sorry," paused again, and then shared, "Reek found them somehow. He kidnapped Laurel and Indra." Whether someone had tipped him off or he'd just magically stumbled upon the pack hundreds of miles from his own, Saena didn't know, but she wasn't willing to expand the network of wolves who knew where to find them. Reek already knew where they were and clearly would stop at nothing short of his own death, and that thought opened a whole can of worms Saena was not willing to face at the moment. She hoped Desna could understand that.
Messages In This Thread
And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 15, 2016, 05:52 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 16, 2016, 03:35 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 16, 2016, 08:28 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 18, 2016, 06:32 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 18, 2016, 11:08 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 18, 2016, 11:25 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 18, 2016, 03:50 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 18, 2016, 05:10 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 18, 2016, 05:42 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 19, 2016, 08:58 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 24, 2016, 03:09 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 25, 2016, 03:52 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 27, 2016, 07:53 AM