Ravensblood Forest the healing touch
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Introductions were made between the two men by Isley, following the mention that the stranger, Palisander, was the companion she had mentioned previous the gangster offered the male a nod of truce — a respectful gesture from one stranger to another. Surely a man willing to protect and defend women could not be a horrible beast. Whether he was a fighter or not mattered little to Arturo. He welcomed all walks of life within Teaghlaigh as long as they were willing to obey his word, put The Family first, and of course, contribute. He did not think it was much that he asked, but he knew there would be times when his fist would have to tighten and pressure would have to be applied. There always was. Allowing them free reign as long as the two laws of the Teaghlaigh were enforced and adhered to was risky business at times; but that was his business: the risky kind. It wasn't always a smooth transaction and sometimes it required clean up. No pack was without it's trouble makers, after all.

“Tend to her as needed,” Arturo encouraged with a cant of his muzzle to show that he did not find it rude. She needed her wounds addressed and surely the male could listen as he worked. As Palisander tended to Isley, Arturo turned his fiery gaze to her once more offering a soft smile. “This Teaghlaigh is a reincarnation of one I had led previous,” He began. “When my children were grown I ventured into these Wilds to build it's reincarnation out from the shadow of my natal pack's Warrior Queen. A famine had fallen upon these lands when I came upon them, in it's earlier stages. I have endured it and in the process secured an alliance between Teaghlaigh and a pack that claims a Bay to the south: Blackrock Depths. Their leader had...wanted to eat me prior to striking the deal that would solidify us as allies.” A bemused smirk tugged at the gangster's lips at the memory. Now he was able to look back upon that with amusement and perhaps even fondness in his deep seeded respect for Skellige.

“Ravensblood Forest was not the first territory I had set my sights on to claim for Teaghlaigh. Though I did not stand alone against the small family that had laid claim to the Isle I had first intended to claim: I know when to pick my battles. In the end, this patience and insight has provided to be fruitful. My time spent among the Depth wolves has kept the terms of their leader and I's alliance alive, perhaps even worked to strengthen it,” It still stood, as it would until one or both packs saw their end. “Perhaps an alliance of sorts can be extended to their neighboring pack as well.” An offer to parlay never hurt, in Arturo's experience, but first he wanted to turn his attention to his empire before he set to parlay with Donnelaith. Besides, those who joined The Family did not get a vote on the alliance with the Depth wolves but Arturo intended for them to vote on whether they should extend an offer to Donnelaith or not. The alliance with Skellige had been secured so that Teaghlaigh would be able to be reborn and in doing so spared his own life. Other alliances the Family should have a say in.

“I do not like being idle. It is not a particularly grand history and I have tried to find ways in which the obstacles that stood between me and my goals could be worked to my advantage.” It wasn't always possible, of course, wouldn't always be possible Arturo knew but everything he did was for The Family even if it was not always readily so transparent.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
the healing touch - by Hemlock - September 20, 2016, 03:37 PM
RE: the healing touch - by Arturo - September 20, 2016, 04:37 PM
RE: the healing touch - by Hemlock - September 20, 2016, 04:47 PM
RE: the healing touch - by Arturo - September 20, 2016, 05:32 PM
RE: the healing touch - by Hemlock - September 20, 2016, 07:12 PM
RE: the healing touch - by Palisander - September 21, 2016, 09:24 AM
RE: the healing touch - by Arturo - September 21, 2016, 12:51 PM
RE: the healing touch - by Hemlock - September 21, 2016, 08:39 PM