Overture Downs And someone called me by my name
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Desna's words settled into the pit of Saena's gut and weighed her thoughts as well as her features down. The sinking feeling in her heart only grew when she recognized seriousness in the younger wolf's face. She could have handled being tricked, albeit not gracefully, but Desna showed no signs of lying. That only left one question: where was Milo? Spring had mentioned only Laurel and Indra, and Saena remembered only Laurel and Indra. She didn't remember having a son, and didn't understand that he had died. That memory remained locked behind a grief she scarcely could recognize.

"I..." She faltered, smacked her lips and shifted her paws, then said, "I don't know. I got sick, lost my memories and got some back, but there's stuff... I don't remember. I don't remember a son, I don't know where he is, he's... he's not..." It came out lamely, like a poor excuse, and so her words trickled off. It was a poor excuse, even Saena knew that, but it was also her only explanation and it was real. Nightmarish, but no less real. She sagged on the spot, overcome with new feelings as she contemplated the fate of her alleged son, and it was Desna's voice once more that lulled her back from a brink she didn't know she was fast approaching.

A more reasonable wolf would have seen the innocence in Desna's question. Saena was anything but reasonable, though, especially with new knowledge that she might have more to deal with than just the kidnapping of her daughters. Desna's question came out like an implication to Saena's ears and her eyes narrowed dangerously. "You're right," she snapped, voice chill and closed off, "it's none of your business." The truth, bitter pill that it was, was that she had failed her family. But Saena was never one to take the full blame for anything. She blamed herself, of course, as evidenced by her response, but she blamed the others just as much if not more. They let Reek take Laurel and Indra, where she never would have let it happen if she'd been there.

What warmth had existed between them was snuffed out as Saena reminded Desna that, "the last friends I trusted let this happen in my moment of weakness. I have no need of more friends to disappoint me."
Messages In This Thread
And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 15, 2016, 05:52 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 16, 2016, 03:35 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 16, 2016, 08:28 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 18, 2016, 06:32 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 18, 2016, 11:08 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 18, 2016, 11:25 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 18, 2016, 03:50 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 18, 2016, 05:10 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 18, 2016, 05:42 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 19, 2016, 08:58 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 24, 2016, 03:09 PM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by RIP Valette - September 25, 2016, 03:52 AM
RE: And someone called me by my name - by Saēna - September 27, 2016, 07:53 AM