Lone Star Mountain Stick with the plan, we'll find another way in.
i'd raise the sea in your name
112 Posts
Ooc — torvi
“Anything's a possibility,” Buchanan remarked in quiet agreement when Stark mentioned that Pippin might have just stumbled across it. Nothing was set in stone or eliminated until the end of the line, where ever that might lead them. With children it was harder to say...and the chances of their survival was significantly lower unless they were able to properly hunt for and protect themselves. This lowered the odds even more, but as Buchanan was not aware of Pippin's age this was harder for him to calculate, harder for him to decipher. They kept up an even pace, though Buchanan was conscious to keep his pace slower than Stark's so he fell slightly behind the Alpha. He was a subordinate, after all, and the subjugate was more comfortable in his role of Omega.

Buchanan was quiet when Stark made mention that things would get better for the Keep, though he offered a silent nod despite that the alpha male was probably likely to miss it. He wasn't sure what to say, if anything at all. His belief was that if the Alpha believed it then the subordinates would follow. It wasn't their job to question their superiors but trust them to lead them in the right direction. Stark's belief was good enough for Buchanan, at least.

Stark's question caused Buchanan's ears to raise atop his crown for a few seconds before they settled back to rest at half mast atop his skull, a naturally submissive posture for his ears, again drawing comfort from his believed place in the world: as it's low life. “A little,” He admitted after a few seconds. “I've explored some of the Hinterlands and territories around the Keep.” It was how he'd met Banner, after all and there was no contest that it was easily the best choice of his life: gifting her the crane and having ...something of a conversation with her. Yet, he didn't dare speak this to Stark who was her brother as well as their Alpha. He was at war with his own nature as he was torn between falling in love with Banner, who was recently minted the Keep's Beta and wanting to conform to his omega nature. The lines were too often blurred (though Buchanan would come to learn that in the future he didn't stress himself out too much with over-thinking the line between lover/husband and subordinate, thankfully).
you are my sun and i am your moon
helplessly, irrevocably drawn to you
there is nothing i wouldn't do for you
Messages In This Thread
RE: Stick with the plan, we'll find another way in. - by Buchanan - September 25, 2016, 07:22 AM