Firestone Hot Springs A Deer in the Mist
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
"I'll make sure it doesn't get back up!" said the white wolf. "You kill it!"

Majesty gave a single nod and helped his acquaintance pin the creature down. At it swung its massive head wildly back and forth, he waited for the right moment and then lunged forward and took the creature's throat in his jaws. He always hated this part of hunting large animals. He hated the time in which he had to sit and let them struggle because he was not big enough to end their suffering any other way. He sighed as he waited for the buck to stop thrashing. The process was slow and emotionally painful for Majesty, but eventually, the animal was dead and he could let go.

He worked his jaws a bit, grimacing as they tried to cramp up on him from holding on so tightly for so long. Ignoring the other wolf momentarily, he bowed his head as he always did after killing another animal, and began the prayer: "Great forces of nature, Gods and Goddesses of the Earth, I thank you this day for offering myself and my friend this meal to nourish our bodies. May this buck's soul find its way to peace. So mote it be."

Majesty was not necessarily a religious wolf, but his mother had always taught him to hold all animals in high respect - and that included prey animals. And so, from a very young age, he had come up with this prayer, or others similar to it, to thank the forces of nature for things like rain when there was a drought, or food, or the cool shade of a tree on a hot day. Most of the time he only said these prayers in his mind. But today, he decided to speak one aloud, for his part in the buck's death had affected him strongly.

Now he looked up at his companion, expecting many questions or at least a funny look. He had always gotten funny looks when others had heard his prayers. He was used to them. They did not bother him. He smiled at the white wolf expectantly.
Messages In This Thread
A Deer in the Mist - by Majesty - May 20, 2014, 04:59 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Rayder - May 20, 2014, 05:23 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Majesty - May 20, 2014, 05:38 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Rayder - May 20, 2014, 05:57 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Majesty - May 20, 2014, 06:37 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Rayder - May 21, 2014, 01:56 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Majesty - May 21, 2014, 02:15 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Rayder - May 21, 2014, 02:33 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Majesty - May 21, 2014, 02:55 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Rayder - May 21, 2014, 03:09 PM
RE: A Deer in the Mist - by Majesty - May 21, 2014, 03:19 PM