Troubles
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
She had fully expected him to say that he came from a pack of strangers. In those sorts of packs, it was common for the wolves to earn one another's respect, whereas family packs had respect taught into their children. Jinx had come from the latter herself, for although not every wolf in Shearwater Bay had been a Kesuk, all of them had been her family. She had respected those positioned above her not because they earned it from her, but because their position dictated they deserved it.

She had the same ideals for Silvertip Mountain.

“Our thinking about hierarchy is different,” she explained, “and I suspect it is based on our origins. Where I come from, those in a higher position than me were given utmost respect whether or not I knew them. That is how this pack functions as well.” She smoothed her lips into a thin line for a moment, mulling over the easiest way to put her words, and then opted for her more typical harsh approach.

“My mate is in a higher position than you, and he is also my mate, the Alpha's mate. It is well within his right to threaten to throw you anywhere he pleases when you are insubordinate to him, but it is not within your right to threaten him. He is your superior.” And she knew Lecter would do it if it pleased him, but he would need to be quite angry indeed. “The wolves of Swiftcurrent Creek are dear friends of his and you insulted his friends, but I trust you will learn from that. He will have to earn your trust and your esteem, yes, but he does not have to earn your respect. As your better, he deserves your respect, just as you deserve the respect of every wolf beneath yourself. Respect may have been earned where you come from, but here, it is given to those who place higher than yourself, as is proper. They stand above you for a reason.”

“If you disagree, then it is your prerogative to rise to his level and challenge him for his place,” Jinx invited conclusively. There was nothing really stopping Majesty from attaining the rank beneath her mate and then challenging him for it, and if he won, then he would deserve the shaman's respect instead.
Messages In This Thread
Troubles - by Majesty - May 18, 2014, 05:05 PM
RE: Troubles - by Jinx - May 20, 2014, 11:58 PM
RE: Troubles - by Majesty - May 21, 2014, 12:05 PM
RE: Troubles - by Jinx - May 21, 2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Troubles - by Majesty - May 21, 2014, 05:06 PM
RE: Troubles - by Jinx - May 21, 2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Troubles - by Majesty - May 21, 2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Troubles - by Jinx - May 22, 2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Troubles - by Majesty - May 22, 2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Troubles - by Jinx - May 23, 2014, 10:07 AM