Ravensblood Forest so the past is not the past
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
aw, chusi's so cute in your avatar. *snuggles her* i...actually looked up how a parent should explain death to a child for this >___>

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Despite that Arturo would be four in the coming spring, despite that he had quite a good grasp on death and what it was, he struggled to find a way to explain it to her. He could not remember if he'd ever actually explained it to his own children or if he'd just let it to them to figure out on their own (it was probably the former). In all fairness, Arturo could not remember Boadicea ever explaining it to him. “Death is...,” He paused and drew in a contemplative breath, trying to compile his knowledge of it and put it into terms that she would best understand. “When someone dies they stop breathing, they stop eating, they stop feeling. They stop living,” He contemplated telling her that the breakfast he brought her was dead but he didn't know how she'd react to the subject and didn't want to scare her from eating. So, Arturo was careful. “There is no coming back from it. It is the most final thing in this world.” He explained softly.

Their conversation shifted back to the guardian trade and Arturo felt an undeniable rush of relief. “I don't think so,” Arturo offered his belief in response to her question. “When you're vague your withholding information. Not making things up as you do when you lie. See the difference?” He took a moment's pause, contemplating an example he could use to help her understand. “Say this stranger asks 'what is your pack like?'. You could tell him: we're very tight knit or we're very territorial. A simple, vague explanation, right? You're telling the truth but you're not giving away anything, in reality. More than anything you're telling him things that are already fact. That's all you have to do.” His tone asked: simple, right?

“That's right,” He praised when she responded about Skellige and his alliance. “Good.” The gangster hummed, pleased that Chusi had, indeed, been paying attention to him.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
so the past is not the past - by Arturo - October 08, 2016, 10:23 AM
RE: so the past is not the past - by Chusi - October 08, 2016, 10:51 AM
RE: so the past is not the past - by Arturo - October 08, 2016, 11:16 AM
RE: so the past is not the past - by Chusi - October 08, 2016, 11:57 AM
RE: so the past is not the past - by Arturo - October 08, 2016, 01:58 PM
RE: so the past is not the past - by Chusi - October 08, 2016, 02:46 PM
RE: so the past is not the past - by Arturo - October 08, 2016, 06:16 PM