Lone Star Mountain Who called me by my name and ran
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
There was a flutter in Saena's chest as she hung at the precipice, staring down at the rough path to the tree-swathed vale, a clinch of fear in her belly. But with her emotions thrown away for the moment, and with the weight of tasks yet undone lifted from her back for just this moment, fear had no place in her. Self-preservation took root as she took her first step, and with Warbone hot on her heels, she plunged headlong down the side of the mountain.

The blood pounding through her veins was as fire, and her legs coiled and sprang, well-oiled and alive as they had never been. Saena was ever one for endurance over speed, and her body responded to this newest challenge with all the suppleness of new, soft leather. She sprang from outcropping to outcropping, trusting her instincts. Her paws found footholds where only dark shadow seemed to hide. Her body twisted agilely and lithely as she hurtled along, faster than she thought she'd ever run, and it was as though her brain was ten steps ahead the entire time. Her fears, doubts, and self-loathing was left behind on the top of the mountain.

Warbone was near. She could hear the thunder of his paws and the sound of his breath hitching at the great drops they prevailed over. At times, she swore she could feel his breath, warm and fierce, on her flank. But the wind snatched away any words she might have shouted in their wild descent, and even when she reached the bottom—sore, surely, and aware of muscles she'd never known existed as her blood rushed through them and her whole being seemed to thrum—she was unable to speak as her feet hit the prickly grass of the vale and she jogged to a slow. She swung her head around, seeking Warbone, hoping that the trial by fire they'd just jumped into had not claimed his life, for she was alive with the hot and heady rush of exhilaration and wasn't ready to let her emotions back in.

She would bring her daughters home. Her confidence returned tenfold, and soon she would go to Larksong Grotto and demand that they be returned to her, and would be joined by others, unbeknownst to her... but first, she wanted to drink deep of the animal courage that recklessness gave her, and Warbone seemed to be the expert in that.
Messages In This Thread
Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 02, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 02, 2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 04, 2016, 08:21 AM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 04, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 05, 2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 05, 2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 06, 2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 06, 2016, 02:37 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 06, 2016, 11:46 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 09, 2016, 11:21 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 10, 2016, 03:27 PM