Stone Circle Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had been patrolling when the call rang out. He wasn't expecting any visitors—most probably didn't know where Silvertip had moved to—but he altered his course and headed for the edge of the meadow. He was tall enough that he could see over the dying and wilting flowers and weeds. It had been a plush field when they had first moved here, but Autumn was in full bloom now, and with the shortening days, it was expected that the meadow would lose its color for the coming winter. 

A change in wind, and Steady stopped in his tracks before he made it to the stranger. It couldn't be. He turned his head more fully into the breeze, confirming it. He changed course again, his head lowering as he followed the pup's scent. Finally, he spotted her. He approached with a chuff, trying to calm himself and not be instantly on guard with her presence here, and so close to someone they didn't know. Hazel, he said softly, his tail wagging. What are you doing out here alone? he asked. He sniffed her, needing to make sure she was alright. 

He glanced at the stranger, wondering what he should do. He didn't want to leave the pup by herself, but taking her to meet a perfect stranger wasn't something he wanted to do, either. But, at least if she was with him, he could protect her. He looked down to the pup. Want to come meet the lady with me? he asked. Providing she did, he would walk with her to the borders and address the call. If she refused to come, he would have no choice but to tell her to bunker down where she was and not go anywhere until he came back for her. 

With or without her, he approached the stranger, his tail and head high to reflect dominance, but the dark flag waved side to side to show friendliness, too. I'm Steady, Alpha here. How can I help you? he asked her. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade - by Selkie - October 12, 2016, 02:41 PM
RE: Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade - by Steady - October 13, 2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade - by Selkie - October 13, 2016, 02:58 PM
RE: Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade - by Steady - October 13, 2016, 04:10 PM
RE: Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade - by Selkie - October 13, 2016, 04:31 PM
RE: Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade - by Steady - October 14, 2016, 06:47 PM