Raven's Watch Tendencies
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
A silence swelled between them, leaving Warbone with an unfamiliar anxiety. Conversation was not high on the list of things he liked, but the absence of an immediate response had him wanting. He had never wanted to hear anyone speak, especially not this badly, and it was alien to feel so desperate to know what someone else thought; he had never been so frantically curious to be in someone else's head before. And he could not stop the unconscious step forward he had taken in his eagerness to know whatever it was she didn't yet say...

When she did at last speak, he listened in observable rapture. He was immediately taken by her story— her life— and found that the aim of her advice was as true as a hunter's arrow. Warbone felt the piercing truth right in his heart. His expression, clouded with aging wounds and worry, perceptibly turned sad as he found a mountain of logic and reason in her words.

He didn't for a second think that he could live somewhere that didn't belong to him, as she had come to accept of herself, but he did come to realize how dangerous his imperialistic impulses were, and how mindlessly cruel it would be of him to seek to destroy that which had grown in his absence. This was not an instance where he should use his unrelenting capacity to be ruthless; and had he been younger, he would not have accepted this as true. But with age, decidedly came some understanding, and it would be her words that would send him away from the Keep, and up into the mountains to find his new purpose.

Though it would be weeks still, before he truly gave up his obsession with the Willows.

After a pregnant pause of his own, the titan sighed, his body sagging slightly as the weight of her words seemed to settle on him. "Unfortunately, you have given me yet another reason to loathe my predicament, Harlyn," he admitted cryptically, his mouth twisting into a depressingly genuine smile. "Your advice is invaluable, and I am loathe to continue to be without it." He even chuckled slightly, his shoulders moving softly with the emotion she'd pulled out of him, before padding forward slowly to close the space between them. He wanted to thank her physically— a touch, a fleeting embrace— but he hung back as he came to stand before her, aware that they had never touched before, and cautious to initiate it without her consent.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
Messages In This Thread
Tendencies - by Warbone - September 26, 2016, 07:31 PM
RE: Tendencies - by Harlyn - September 26, 2016, 08:12 PM
RE: Tendencies - by Warbone - September 26, 2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Tendencies - by Harlyn - October 09, 2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Tendencies - by Warbone - October 27, 2016, 04:25 PM
RE: Tendencies - by Harlyn - October 27, 2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Tendencies - by Warbone - October 27, 2016, 08:33 PM
RE: Tendencies - by Harlyn - October 29, 2016, 11:21 AM
RE: Tendencies - by Warbone - October 31, 2016, 06:00 PM