Gyrfalcon's Keep i'm tired and i'm weak, but i'm strong for you.
swing life away
73 Posts
Ooc — Katie
hi

It had been some time since October had parted ways with Rickon and returned to the forest. Scimitar hadn’t joined her, though, and so the pallid Delta felt obligated to resume her search for the children once she had rested and regained some of her strength. She’d set back out again, scouring the unfamiliar vastness of the territories near and far from her home. With how little she had dwelled within the pack lands since Lucy and Rannochs’ disappearance, October had begun to feel like a lone wolf again.

Without any caches to rely on, October had no option to find her meals on-the-go wherever she went. That evening, squirrel was the only prey she’d had any success felling. It wasn’t much, but it would hold her over until the next time she was able to find something.

Her meager kill swung hung from her jaws as she padded along near the base of the short mountain whose name was lost to her. It was the sound of leaves crunching that stopped her in her path, however, and she froze, nervous that the smell of her dinner had attracted unwanted company.

The creature that appeared through the foliage looked much worse-for-wear than October had ever seen anyone. Her fur was dirty, disheveled and dull. From where she stood, October could observe the other’s emotionless façade. Concern for the stranger’s wellbeing wound its way ‘round October’s heart. Setting her miniscule prize between her forepaws, she chuffed softly in hopes of capturing the woman’s attention. Snow-colored ears pressed backwards and she lowered her head, waiting to gauge how her presence would be received.
[Image: caretaker.gif][Image: chronicler.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm tired and i'm weak, but i'm strong for you. - by October - October 28, 2016, 08:26 PM