Swiftcurrent Creek bad habits, schmad habits
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#454a5f">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#44495c">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#414758">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f4554">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3d4350"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a414c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#383e47">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#353c43"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#333a3f">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31383b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2e3637">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2c3433">s</FONT></i></span></p>
<span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; color:grey;">avatar by <b>karmencita</b>; table by <b>java</b></span>
43 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
The question that Cutthroat had been fearing for the number of days — maybe it had been a few weeks he had lost track of how long he’d actually been apart of Swiftcurrent as their prisoner — had finally made it’s arrival. It hung their, daunting and monstrous because the inky pirate feared that it meant one thing. That all his attempts at stalling, at trying to preserve his life would now be in vain. He could lie. He could tell Fox that Cutlass and Corsair would be back for him, that they would trade Crossbones for him but he couldn’t. It was too outlandish of a lie for even a Pirate to tell (and they spun some outlandish stories). He was nothing to Cutlass and Corsair but hired muscles and a traitor to boot. They wouldn’t come back for him. And even if by some small chance they did they would not bring Crossbones back with them. She had been the object of the raid to begin with, she was Cutlass’ daughter and Cutthroat …was nothing more than another mongrel among them. The Pirate was silent some time before a heavy sigh spilled from between his lips knowing that it was time to surrender. His cards were up and he had nothing more to play. “No. It’s hardly what they would call a fair trade, lass. I am nothing to Cutlass and Corsair; nothing but a traitor anyway.”

It was surprisingly easy to tell Fox that his worth was useless. That holding him Captive would not bring Crossbones back to them.

“I was apart of their crew. I was born into it, that sort of deal. I mean, there were a lot of crews in Tortuga but my mother …she was fond of Cutlass and Corsair so I just stuck around because I liked to think that she needed me. As far as the raid went I was just hired muscle, lass. I didn’t know the details and even if I had they weren’t going to tell me the truth about it. You learn to lie young in Tortuga. It saves your bum,” Cutthroat looked at her steady now, attempting to communicate that despite his skills at word weaving he was, in fact, telling her the truth. Might as well, he was sure that he had signed his death warrant moments ago by admitting that he would not bring Bones back. “So, basically, I was nothing more than another wenches' son in the grander picture.”

Messages In This Thread
bad habits, schmad habits - by RIP Fox - May 16, 2014, 07:43 PM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by Cutthroat - May 17, 2014, 06:57 AM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by RIP Fox - May 20, 2014, 11:52 AM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by Cutthroat - May 21, 2014, 08:48 AM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by RIP Fox - May 23, 2014, 07:14 PM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by Cutthroat - May 25, 2014, 07:53 AM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by RIP Fox - May 31, 2014, 01:20 PM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by Cutthroat - June 05, 2014, 08:53 AM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by RIP Fox - June 05, 2014, 07:21 PM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by Cutthroat - June 09, 2014, 08:05 PM
RE: bad habits, schmad habits - by RIP Fox - June 10, 2014, 11:51 AM