Ravensblood Forest i asked the coppers on our payroll
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
it's perfectly fine with me, no worries! :-) <3

[table width=85%][tr][td]
He watched as she left her meal behind, leaving Arturo to feel a little guilty that she so readily abandoned it in favor of him; but he did not linger upon it for long. He would not have minded if she ate it before or took it along but she chose to leave it behind so he did not dwell upon it, nor bring it up with her. Perhaps she would return for it later. Nevertheless, they began to head deeper into the forest's heart. The gangster was content to let her take the lead, following behind her leisurely. After all, she knew exactly what she was looking for. He'd been pretty lucky to find a sizable den that fit both him and Chusi, with room for another comfortable even with her growing body dug under a hollowed out sequoia. It's thick and strong roots helped to give the wall of his den stability. He did not find the extra protection stifling — he rather preferred it. “Is that so?” The Ceannasach inquired of Olive with muted curiosity. The smoky lumber of his accented voice encouraged her to explain if she wished but there was no demand for it if she would rather not. He would not pry if she'd rather keep her secrets.

Olive did not seem unwilling to share for she spoke to him of her family, a mother, father and brothers and how they wandered as such always searching but, she believed, never wanting to find. He realized how vastly different her life growing up had been to his own. He'd had the stability of Quicksilver Hollow to an extent but he knew the reason he drew breath here and now was because he was the Warrior Queen's son. Arturo was not an imbecile by any means of the word and understood that would he have been anyone else's coywolf spawn he would have been killed by the wolves of the Hollow. For a moment, Arturo allowed himself the what if — what his life might have been like if he'd lived it as Olive and her family. If Cynbel and Boadicea had ran away together., or even if Cynbel had cared at all. Perhaps he would have younger siblings. Certainly he wouldn't be the man he was today and as he was rather pleased with his lot in life he pushed those thoughts away.

“The nomadic life, eh?” He inquired, rhetorically in a soft hum. “This forest was not my first choice to settle for Teaghlaigh,” He admitted with a slight twist of his lips. It was a stoic thing — given Ravensblood Forest was a lot better suited to The Family then Three River Isle he saw now, but the slight against his pride would never be one he could fully let go of. “Seeing it now, clearly, it was the only choice for Teaghlaigh. It is sustaining for us, well fortified and close to our allies. I could not have asked for a better home.” Once a clear, safe and quick path was scouted out through Gyrfalcon Keep Arturo felt confident that they could cut travel time in half since they could take a jaunt through the Keep as opposed to going around it as he did now when he made his way to Stavanger Bay and The Sentinels. "Nevertheless I hope the forest does not become too stifling for you. If you ever desire to venture out and explore the Wilds you are free to." His wolves were not confined to the borders in the same way that he was. With Furiosa at his side he felt easier about leaving Teaghlaigh for a few hours but it unsettled the gangster to be away from his Family for too long.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 19, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 21, 2016, 04:33 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 27, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 28, 2016, 12:25 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 01, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:09 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 10, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 12, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 19, 2016, 04:51 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 21, 2016, 11:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - December 11, 2016, 11:01 PM